Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zekes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Felon selling guns at a gun store
    Can a convicted felon work at a store that has a Federal Firearms License and sells guns.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekes View Post
    Can a convicted felon work at a store that has a Federal Firearms License and sells guns.

I vote no - that's what my research shows, although I have no personal knowledge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 01:29 PM

Nope, and they would not even be able to work in a store that sold guns if they had the ability and access to those guns.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 01:52 PM
    No, they cannot. Convicted felons are not allowed to be in possession of firearms or be on any premises that firearms are housed or sold.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Hello J_9:

You mean that when I went into Sporty's gun shop with my son the other day, I was breaking federal law?? I don't think so.

excon
    Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 06:29 AM
    I suppose I worded that wrong, you are correct Ex... you were not breaking the law. There cannot be any firearms on the property in which the felon lives, and the felon cannot sell firearms.

I apologize for my answer above, I answered on the fly with only 3 hours of sleep. Brain was still asleep.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 05:09 PM

Felons can still go to gun shops and gun shows. They just can't take anything home with them (legally) that is.
    stubby007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Felons can still go to gun shops and gun shows. They just can't take anything home with them (legally) that is.
    Where if this information from? I understand that if you were to touch a gun at a shop or show you have broken the law
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stubby007 View Post
    Where if this information from? I understand that if you were to touch a gun at a shop or show you have broken the law

Please post where you have obtained the information that a convicted felon will break the law if he/she touches a gun at a shop or show.

This thread is also a year old - if you have a question, why not start your own thread?
    Expert

Aug 25, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Thread closed. It's almost a year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Same guns same bullets, different results [ 2 Answers ]

If I had 2 guns (same make and model) that used the same make and model of bullets, would they produce different results when each was fired? Is there a way to tell which bullet was fired from which gun?

Convicted felons and guns [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why a convicted child molester that had possession of numerous guns would NOT be charged? This man's conviction was in 2002, he was captured in a photo passing a loaded 32 pistol to a deputy. Here is someone who preys on the innocent and is not punished for breaking the law. I...

General Store Owners' own personal purchases from the store [ 1 Answers ]

We have just started to run a general store as a family partnership of 4 people. We take out what we need for our own consumption but do we need to account for this in our yearly accounts please?

No guns are to be where son is cared for. In laws have guns [ 3 Answers ]

The court papers say that there are to be no firearms anywhere that my son is being cared for. My son is 5, my ex wants to take him out of state to see his family for 4 days. His father has 5 guns, including 2 that belong to my ex. His mother and sisters all have guns... There is a currant...

UN wants your guns 7/04/06 [ 47 Answers ]

Read the following, wake up everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Link: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul330.html

View more questions Search