Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redwee74 Posts: 74, Reputation: 11

Sep 23, 2008, 07:36 PM
    She broke no contact.
    Hey people, she broke no contact, of course, I answered the phone. Was it a mistake or should I be nice and talk if she want too? It should be OK as long as I can keep my feelings in check but who knows. Some advise please.
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 23, 2008, 07:41 PM

Can you handle a conversation without your emotions if the answer is no then do not.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:43 PM

By answering you are breaking NC as well. You will only prolong the healing process.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 07:44 PM

I am not a robot, so when I talk to the one I still love I could never do it without my emotions being part of it.

But it happens, and it is hard, And I will assume they are going though some of the same NC issues you are.

We all have those issues, I am going though the NC issues myself right now and it is a lot easy to say to do it, than it is to actually do it.
    All we can do is the best we can.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:56 PM

The whole point of NC is so that you can "recover" and get over the ex... if you still talk to her, can you actually get over her? Chances are, you'll fall back into the same cycle of talking to her and hanging out with her.

My ex used to call me once a day after we broke up... after 3 weeks of me not picking up my phone, she got the point.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Repeat after me

Polite, short, and brief, but busy, and unavailable.

Print this, and put it by the phone.

Look I know you have caller ID (who doesn't????????????) Don't answer.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 09:01 AM

Ignore! She didn't care about your feelings when she ripped your heart out, why should you care about ignoring a phone call from her to ease her guilt?
    busterite Posts: 156, Reputation: 30

Sep 26, 2008, 09:25 AM

Don't answer the phone. Hopefully she will get the point and stop trying to contact you. I fell into her trap and answered a call from a private number at 1 am. She was outside my house and I not even had to talk to her but had to see her as well. I was OK controlling my emotions but these past 2 days after that I have been feeling like crap. It was definitely a bad idea and I will never answer calls from private numbers again. Lesson learned!
    Jimmy78 Posts: 85, Reputation: 21

Feb 15, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Comment on Romefalls19's post
    So true

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I contact my ex? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi,. I was with my girlfriend for a little over a year. We broke up December 06'. We have not seen each other for about 5 months. The relationship was unsettling as she was diagnosed as clinically depressed. When things were good,. it was good. But she had...

Broke No Contact - What should I do now? [ 9 Answers ]

Well, it has been a few months now, and I made a mistake and broke the no contact rule with my ex. I had been doing pretty good for awhile, but I got sad and lonely last night and left a message that definitely made it clear that I missed him. I didn't hear back and now I'm so embarrassed. Now,...

How can we contact God ? [ 17 Answers ]

By meditation ? By practices in Sufism, Sant Mat or Praying ?

Broke No Contact and Argued... help ! [ 12 Answers ]

Okay.. here it is quick and fast... Was in a year and a half relationship with my ex... broke up over communication issues (she stated I never opened up enough:confused: ).. so we broke up in February and were doing the on and off no contact during that time.. By April I got real good at not...

View more questions Search