Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
    18 year old daughter steals
    My 18 year old daughter has been stealing and lies about it all the time, she just recentley stold about 10 dollars from my from my purse. She never admittes to anything even going so far as to blame my 5 year old. Problem is that I don't know how to handle it. I am very frustrated and angry. I'm angry at her and am feeling like I don't like her anymore. Please help me out with some suggestions as to what I can do or should do. Should I take away certain things, kick her out. I cannot continue living like this, not trusting my daughter, being stressed out. I have run out of hiding places for my money.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 02:25 PM
    An l8 year old should know right from wrong. If she is stealing from you on a constant basis, then she is probably stealing from others as well. I think you will have to take a 'tough love' approach and report her to the police. Maybe this will scare her enough to stop dong it if the police get involved.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Catch her red-handed. Stop by the office supply store /art store and get a bottle of permanent ink and small change purse. Soak the inside of the purse in the ink and carefully put some money in it. Leave the purse on the table where you normally do.

Keep your real money in your POCKET for awhile. When she suddenly starts wearing gloves all the time, tell her to take them off.

Ask her then if she wants move out or be honest with you? Her choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MY 19 Year old daughter [ 34 Answers ]

I am having such problems with my 19 year old daughter. She graduated last year and went to the Orlando Culinary Academy after graduation. She decided she did not like Orlando and came back home after 6 months. This is the same person who swore up and down that when she went to school, she would...

21 year old daughter [ 11 Answers ]

My husband of 26 years and I have an 18 and 21 year old daughters at home. The youngest is about to start college. The oldest had her chance to attend college and blew it. She now is working full time and still living at home. We have set the ground rules from the very beginning. Most of the...

6 year old daughter. [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out how to get an attorney for my daughter. She comes home from fathers house very upset almost every other weekend that she goes and almost every Wed night that she goes. She is being told horrible things about me and my mental health. She is told horrible things when she...

I have a 2 year old daughter and her father has not seen her in over a year. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old daughter and her father left me when she was 5 months old and the last time he saw her was 2 weeks before Christmas 2006, he and I were never married. He knows where she is and how to get ahold of me and see her, but has failed in trying to contact me or see her. I do not have a...

Mom regarding 21 year old daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I have an only child, a beautiful, sweet-spirited, kind, considerate and very loving daughter who will soon be 21 years old. She hates confrontations, so much to the point that she will avoid them until the situation snowballs and plows her over. My daughter commutes to a university and lives at...

View more questions Search