Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 06:45 PM
    The Bible says for the believers to go out and spread the word, some just do it is a way that is offense to others.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 6, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    The Bible says for the believers to go out and spread the word, some just do it is a way that is offense to others.
    It is not just a different way that is offensive.
    There is a huge difference between "spreading the word" and "forcing the word through your throat", specially as it is clearly against someone's wish.

:rolleyes:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 07:57 PM
    I have to agree with Cred. If I ask about someone's beliefs then I should be prepared to get all the info they want to tell me. But if I don't ask and that info is given anyway, and I make it clear that I don't want to hear it, well that's not acceptable.

I know the Christian mission, they believe that they will be rewarded in heaven if they go out and spread the word. The more people they bring into the fold, the greater the reward.

If someone asks me about my faith and is really intersted, I'll tell them, but I don't believe that I'll be rewarded if they decided to believe the same things I do. For me belief is it's own reward, I don't have to force my beliefs on anyone else. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    I know the Christian mission, they believe that they will be rewarded in heaven if they go out and spread the word. The more people they bring into the fold, the greater the reward.
    I think I mentioned this in this thread or in a similar one. I think the "push" has more to do with preaching to all the world so that Jesus returns for the Second Coming, not for a reward.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Sep 7, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    [QUOTE

The "mission" of christians who follow the example of Jesus is to spread the message that God's kingdom is soon to bring relief and peace to the entire earth, and that their reward will be eternal life not in heaven but on earth. This reward is believed to be the same for all no matter how many people they "save".
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Sep 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
    We and we are everyone, want everyone the agree with us. It would make it so much easier knowing that everyone believes like you. I would love everyone to believe the way I do. I would never have to worry about saying or doing something to offend someone else or someone else saying or doing to offend me. Since everyone does not believe as I do I say and do as I want and try to let it go if someone bothers me, doesn't always work and try to apologize if I bother someone else again doesn't always happen but I do my best. Oh, I'm Right. Sorry just kidding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Religion, Governments, and control over the people [ 96 Answers ]

If there is one bad common thing that history has shown, it has to be the co-operation between - and supplementing of - religion and government, a joint operation to keep "the people" quiet and obedient to those in power. Even in the nation that was based on a strict separation between state and...

Push to connect [ 5 Answers ]

Any recommendations on push to connect, crimp ring and stainless steel crimp connection. Thanks

Push-Pull Push-Pull [ 3 Answers ]

My Ex GF and I have been boken up for 3months now. We are still totally connected and a lot of the time I feel that we are still in love with each other. We were together for 4.5 years. When we broke up she started to date this guy, A guy that she admitted to having a crush on while we were...

Push?! [ 9 Answers ]

I was wondering what crybabypirate meant when she said to push when I go up about my roundoffs.Was she talking about my hands or my feet?? Remember, there is no stupid question.! addy

View more questions Search