Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bredin01 Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Timing Belt?
    Does a Honda Odyssey van have a timing belt/chain that needs changed periodically as do the Accords? If so, what is the timeframe?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 10, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Most cars have a timing belt or chain. With belts, they tend to stretch over time.. anywhere for 60K to 100K miles it should be changed. (It should say in the owners manual.)
    Cars with a chain will generally last longer. The Odyssey has a belt. Ask your dealer when it should be done.

Don't put it off too long because if it goes, you can do damage to the valves.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Odyssey has a belt which, according to Gates, should be changed every 90-105,000 miles depending on the year of your van. I highly recommend doing the tensioner at the same time because if that fails, it's the same as if the belt fails. The timing is going to be interrupted and seeing as you have an interference engine, that would put you in a boatload of trouble.
    freestar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 06:40 PM
    How can I find out if my ford freestar 2004 v6 4.2 l has a timing belt or timing chain
    freestar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Does my ford freestar 2004 v6 4.2l have a timing belt or timing chain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Timing Belt [ 1 Answers ]

Purchased used 2000 Honda Accord. Previous owner did not replace timing belt at 110,000 miles but said mechanic check it and it was okay. Can timing belt be checked? Should we quickly replace it?

Timing belt? [ 2 Answers ]

My 1992 honda civics engine light came on. My car boggs with an irratic idle when I stop at lights. Noise and vibration in distributor cap. Could this be a timing belt problem or should I just do a tune up?

Timing belt [ 2 Answers ]

I own a Plymouth Voyaguer 97, 3.3 engine ABS, non turbo, still wondering if the Minivan uses a Timing Belt or a Timing Chain. Please answer

Timing belt [ 1 Answers ]

I think it may be my timing belt. I have a 92 honda accord ex. The other day I was driving home and my yellow light came on, I looked it up in my manual and it said it was an emission light. But the car continued to run OK. So I drove it home, about 20 miles and it ran fine. The other day I...

View more questions Search