Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halhandyman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Can a heat pump be installed on a timber platform?
    I am getting ready to change out my present HVAC system which is 20 years old. The project will involve relocating the outside compressor, which is presently in a confined space under a deck - when running the heat generated by this component can be intense. I am considering replacing the current gas/electric conventional system with a new dual-fuel system that will result in replacing the compressor with a heat pump. One contractor has suggested locating the heat pump on a small deck (which he will build) on a backyard slope. I have never seen this solution as these external units seem to usually be installed on 4-inch concrete slabs. Is there any problem in installing a heat pump on an elevated timber platform?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 10:38 PM
    All a outside unit needs is a steady platform. It can be concrete,plastic A/C pad, or pressure treated timber etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Installed Honeywell RTH3100C and A/C kicks on after a few minutes of heat [ 8 Answers ]

I have a single stage heat pump. Electric. I'm not sure what I have done wrong. I have the following wires: Yellow White Red Green According to the installation manual, I have installed them in the following locations:

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

Installed new Noma thermostat 52-2570-6 heat stays on [ 2 Answers ]

I bought this Noma thermostat and the heat stays on, no matter what. Even if I detach the front plate the heat remains on. When I reinstall the old mercury swtiched thermostat it works fine. I have a 2 wire hydronic heat system. Can anyone tell me why the heat stays on? Any advise will help....

Ductless A/C with Heat Pump - Heat pump does not come on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi The A/C works great but in the morning when its cool outside and I switch on the Heat the indoor unit makes a clicking sound and the fan stays off - after about 8 minutes I switch to A/C I get a rush of ice cold air along with some mist. Seems like when I switch to heat the indoor unit...

View more questions Search