Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bug4grace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Tiny Light Brown Tick Looking Insects in Drawers
    I just found these extremely small light brown bugs in my daughter's closet and haven't the faintest idea what they are. I want to say that I've seen them in the bathroom near some of the mildew and grime, but why would they also be where it's dry and very clean? Her clothing is washed regularly and never put back once worn. To my best guess, they are probably .5 mm. They almost look as if they are specks of dust, but they move. What are they and how do I get rid of them using something that is both safe for the baby and something around the house like Windex or Anti-bacterial spray? :eek:
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 9, 2008, 08:31 AM
    I don't know that it would be a tick. The ticks that I have seen are dark brown. Wood ticks are usually 3-4 millimeters and a deer tick is the size of a poppy seed. I'm not sure what they are because I can't see them but check this site:

What's That Bug: Pantry Beetles, Grain Weevils, Spider Beetles, Meal Worms, Carpet Beetles and Cereal Moths
    bug4grace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Thanks so much for the web-site. I looked at the bugs and got quite creeped out! I'm glad that I think what we have is less dangerous and scary. THis is what some more research has shown... I think we have...

Psocids (booklice) are small, common but harmless household pests, found in dark, warm, humid places such as the folds of packaging in food cupboards, where they feed on microscopic moulds and mildews that flourish in such locations.

They do not carry germs or disease.

The life cycle of psocids (booklice) is one that results in prolific numbers of the pest, but prevention is relatively simple and should avoid having to take any costly and time consuming control measures.

Booklice - Booklice - Introduction - Northampton Borough Council
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 10, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Those were pretty creepy bugs, huh? I didn't think that you had anything too dangerous to deal with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown/red hair, want it to be light brown? [ 8 Answers ]

Below is a url to a photo of how my hair use to be, I'm the one on the LEFT. This is the colour I want to go back to (my natural).. my hair colour now is a dark brown/mahogany. (as dark as 4.0 but with red in it) I had my hair platinum blonde but then decided to go brown again. (I cut all my hair...

Medium Reddish Brown to Light Brown [ 3 Answers ]

I had been coloring my hair a medium copper brown for about a year. The last time I colored 3 months ago I used medium gold brown. My hair is less red, but still has red undertones. I would like to go to a light golden brown. Is there anyway I can do this without ending up looking like Bozo? Am...

Dying my dark brown hair light brown. [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like some advice on dying my dark brown hair light brown. I dyed it myself few years ago a light ash brown and it turned red :eek: After that I had my hair stylist put blonde high lights in it to cover gray. Now that the highlights aren't covering the gray, I'd like to dye my hair light brown....

Brown discharge on and off two days, light pink spotting a few days, now light brown [ 7 Answers ]

OK, I was due for my next depo January 3rd at the latest and didn't get it, so I have been detoxing since. Well I thought I was getting my first period on February 13th when all this started. From day one the bleeding didn't look right the color was just off it was more brownish black with a hint...

From light golden brown w/ highlights to a darker brown [ 3 Answers ]

I know this seems like the easiest hair dye project out there.. but my question is about base colors and levels... My friend has light brown/golden hair with highlights and she wants a darker brown. She had it dyed and it wasn't dark enough for her, and it faded pretty fast. My other friend had...

View more questions Search