Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gega Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
    I have a question!! Does a tragus piercing really hurst? because I want to get one. Is it better 2get it with a needle or a gun?? and does it infect the ear?because almost all my cartillage piercing have bumps now I don't why... mayb I didn't take good care of it.
    And does it require to be 18 in order 2 get a tragus piercing?
    em24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I've had both mine done the first one didn't really hurt at all, but that fell out while I was asleep and healed over - as they are quite tricky to get the ball and ring type jewellery (that they pierce it with) back in. The second one really hurt and think about the side you sleep on and definitely get the other one done! :D

On the plus side no cartilage bumps - and I really can't remember how it was done (probably avoided looking deliberatly) and it was probably 7 years ago.

Don't think you have to be 18?? :confused:

Hope this helps:)

Aug 29, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Thank u very much
    flufanuta Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 04:13 AM
    Had mine done and it didn't hurt at all but my best friend's really killed - suppose it depends how thick yours is. Also, I had the top of my ear done and it went evil and got a big bump on the back but the tragus has been fine!
    X
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Aug 30, 2008, 04:25 AM
    Get it done with a needle, NOT a gun.
    Using a gun on lobes is fine, but anywhere with cartilage you risk doing serious damage. Anywhere that does piercings should know this... if they don't, and try to use a gun... go somewhere else.

Aug 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Yeah, because I had the top of my ear pierced with a gun and now I have a bump behind it.
    Thank you for your response
    dino_chan Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Tragus piercing is going to hurt depending on how much pain you can take. It may hurt for one person, and they get sick from the pain, where the next person doesn't even feel it at all.
    No guns on cartilage. I'm also pretty sure that most places won't even do it with a gun because the needles on the earrings won't go through, so you don't even have the option of gun really.
    Okay, you have to be 18 to get it done with out parents. But I don't know how old if you go with them.

Sep 7, 2008, 12:13 AM
    My parents want me 2get it when I turn 18!!
    What are the best places 2get it done??
    chevytruckgirl0 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 10:14 AM
    It doesn't hurt as bad as getting your ears done w a gun at claries
    ehhwhatever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 01:26 PM
    I just got mine done today and it didn't hurts as bad as I was expecting, no I'm only 16 and I got it done you just have to have a parent with you with proof or identity and a birth certificate. By the way I love it.
    zaratap Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 04:37 PM

With your tragus all you can feel is the needle piercing the skin because the actual cartilage inside has no feeling at all and you might be able to feel the pressure but for me it didn't hurt at all. But I might just have a high pain threshold..
    vintagecakes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 08:13 PM
    I want to get mine done too and after doing research, a gun can shatter your cartilage (possibly the reason why you have a bump) and like dino_chan said, the gun won't go through. Piercers aren't even supposed to use them because they can't be sterilized as thoroughly as needles can. I know there are some places that numb the area, but have no idea how common it is.
    vintagecakes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 08:13 PM
    I want to get mine done too and after doing research, a gun can shatter your cartilage (possibly the reason why you have a bump) and like dino_chan said, the gun won't go through. Piercers aren't even supposed to use them because they can't be sterilized as thoroughly as needles can. I know there are some places that numb the area, but have no idea how common it is.
    lewis1996 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 11:36 AM

I've had mine done twice and I've had it done with a needle I think that it hurts less. Everybody says they hurt loads when the person that says it has never had it done so don't listen to them it really doesn't hurt that bad ! Hope I helped
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2010, 07:09 AM

Its better to get it done with a needle as a gun can shatter cartilage and has a greater risk of infection. Ill be honest and say it does hurt a little but if you want it badly enough then you can deal with the pain! Its not unbearable but it does make you cringe when the needle goes through as you hear the "pop" of the cartilage. Just make sure you look after it properly using a salt solution or special piercing solution which you can find either at the place you got it pierced or in a chemist/drug store.

Hope this helps, rosanna-hope
    Bezz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 01:27 PM
    I was wondering the same I am 15 and hate pain, but I have my belly pierced and didn't think that hurt. I am scared of needles so wanted a gun but obviously that doesn't seem like the best choice al my friends said it hurt.
    Care712 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 12:36 AM

I got mine done 5 days ago, I'm 17 and maybe it depends where you live cause I just needed to be 16 or older and have some ID. By the way for me it did hurt, not too bad but 10x worse then any other piercing I've gotten (ie. Lobes [which was like a 1 out of 10 pain wise] and nose [which was probably like a 3])
    GraceEmily Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 12:00 PM
    I have just had my tragus piercing today, and was really nervous about the pain of having it done. It was no way near as bad as I thought it would be. I even had to ask if it was done, only hurts a little more that cartillage and I had no pain afterwards! Now love my piercing! <3
    GraceEmily Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 12:03 PM

i'm just 14 and have had my tragus done today, you have to take an adult with you just to sign a form. i was really nervous about getting it pierced but it was no way near as bad as i thought it would be! i even asked if it was in! i heard no crack or pop and it only bled a little. it doesnt hurt now and only had it done a few hours ago! i would reccomend people who are scared about this piercing to get it!! i had mine done at millenium :)
    MmOoLlYy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 02:52 PM
    I really want my tragus pierced thing is I'm only 12.
    My mum was going to come with me to get it done of course.I'm really scared to get it done because I've asked other people if it hurt's and they said not really it just stung that night.I've got my belly done and the top part of my ear they both did'nt hurt at all but then I'm not that good with pain.
    Could someone give me a little bit of advice thanks:')

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tragus piercing [ 6 Answers ]

This is my second time having my tragus' pierced. The first time I had to take them out because of (what I believed to be) an allergic reaction. I've had them done now for almost a month... they no longer hurt but on my right ear I have (what I believe to be) a keloid. Its very small and I've read...

Tragus Piercing! [ 21 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, I have had both lobes pierced once and my belly. People say that the belly button hurts but mine didn't does any one know how the tragus is going to compare?? So how exactly do they pierce it iv'e herd you should deffinatly get it pierced with a needle not...

Tragus piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, and I was wanting to know if it is very different than having your cartiledge pierced. Is it any harder to take care of?

Tragus piercing-scarring or infected? [ 4 Answers ]

K, so I posted a question last week about my tragus piercing having hypertrophic scarring. I've cut back to cleaning 3x a day, I don't mess with it much, and I don't sleep on it or anything either. However in the last week it's gotten worse and I'm beginning to think it's infected. So yeah, I'm...

View more questions Search