Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Oh you still haven't found the new place to live? Well I hope you find a place soon! You must be excited about your daughter and the baby. I hope you're getting to see her fairly often.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 2, 2006, 09:59 PM
    I often thought in my child-producing years, if I were to ever have kids, I would end up wanting to have more than the usual amount... 6... 7... 8, in that range. It certainly was possible financially as I agree Chava, children are expensive. But one could argue this is easy for me to say, it is a moot point in that I couldn't have kids.

It was just an impression of being able to tap into "the more, the merrier" somehow?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 3, 2006, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Oh you still haven't found the new place to live?? Well I hope you find a place soon! You must be excited about your daughter and the baby. I hope you're getting to see her fairly often.
    Yes, thank goodness, I do get to see her often. Since my last hospitalization, we've gotten closer - if that was at all possible. We have always been close, and the poor baby has a about of bronchitis right now. She visited me today and I talked to her and 'peanut' (that's what we call the baby - isn't that cute?). I had the chance to rub her belly and talk to 'peanut' for a while. Larry sat in Jaime's lap and kept his ear on 'peanut' to listen to the heart-beat. I hope we can find a place that will allow cats, because it would be real tough for us to have to give up Larry (mine) and Simba (Jaime's).

Sometimes it's hard to go along with the changes life puts one through, but we'll make it - just because we are 'survivors'. And, you and your family are a good example to us in that area.

Love,
    Chery
    Keep sharing your wonderful optimism - it helps us all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2006, 10:01 AM
    Are you crazy, most likely, having kids will make you that way.

As a father of 5 boys ranging in age from 31 to 5 years, they are a joy and a pleasure and a nightmare and a headache all rolled into one.

But if your husband agrees you should have all the kids you want and can afford.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 3, 2006, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    I often thought in my child-producing years, if I were to ever have kids, I would end up wanting to have more than the usual amount... 6...7...8, in that range. It certainly was possible financially as I agree Chava, children are expensive. But one could argue this is easy for me to say, it is a moot point in that I couldn't have kids.

It was just an impression of being able to tap into "the more, the merrier" somehow?
    Dear Val, I think you would have done great with at least 8.. Sorry that your wish in that area did not come to fruition. Your personality and insight in life benefit everyone you communicat with, and you would have done super as a Mom.

Stay with us, and share your warmth and compassion here...
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Yeah I agree with Chery, Val... you would be a great mom. I tried to give you rep but couldn't, but your idea of "the more, the merrier..." might very well apply to me. I keep having this thought that more kids will be more fun, more challenges, more love. Plus I really want to "rescue" some poor kid from the foster care system. I feel very strongly about that since most of my childhood was spent in foster homes.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 3, 2006, 10:11 AM
    YES, YES, YES rescuing children from foster care is SO important. Have you considered being a foster care parent so that you can give back to the foster care system that took care of you? You would be a wonderful foster parent!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 3, 2006, 10:14 AM
    To Chery and Chava... thank you both so very much (insert little blushing face here since there isn't one on the actual list! ) xoxo
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Keep sharing your wonderful optimism - it helps us all.
    Thanks so much Chery, you always make me feel good about myself... and I really need to hear that sometimes, believe me!!

Peanut is a very cute name for the baby. One of my little nieces is also nicknamed Peanut.

I understand the problem of moving to a place that allows pets. Before we got married and bought a house, it was extremely difficult, even with just having one cat. I ended up living in a real dump for a while, just so I could keep my precious pet. Here though we have certain apartment buildings that are called "Cat friendly"... do you have something similar in Germany? You have to pay a one time non-refundable "cat deposit" when you move in, but you are allowed to keep your cat with no hassle. The deposit is around $200. You might want to find out if any such buildings exist close to where you live. Also places with hardwood floors, linoleum, etc (and no carpeting) are often willing to accommodate a small quiet pet. I really wish you the best of luck! You absolutely can NOT give up Larry!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Are you crazy, most likely, having kids will make you that way.
    LMAO! You always make me laugh, Fr Chuck, thanks! :p And yeah I'm sure the kids will make me crazy if I'm not already. But as I've mentioned I love kids and want a big family, so it's a price I'm willing to pay!

As a father of 5 boys ranging in age from 31 to 5 years, they are a joy and a pleasure and a nightmare and a headache all rolled into one.

But if your husband agrees you should have all the kids you want and can afford.
    Wow you have a kid who's 31? I didn't realize you had any children that were that old, haha. My husband is 31. And yeah he agrees that we can have more kids, he also loves kids and would like a big family... he comes from a family of 4 and his parents always took in foster children, so he's actually quite keen on the idea. But as I say he leaves it up to me entirely, as I would be the primary caregiver.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    YES, YES, YES rescuing children from foster care is SO important. Have you considered being a foster care parent so that you can give back to the foster care system that took care of you? You would be a wonderful foster parent!!
    Yeah I have considered it, although I do want to wait until I have no more toddlers in the house... unless of course I take in babies and very young kids. But yes I know how "the system" works, having been in it myself. It can be extremely depressing though, and I sometimes wonder if I could handle it. Especially if I get very attached to a child and then they place that child in another home, or back with the biological parents. I know I was moved around a lot, and there were a couple of families that really wanted to keep me and couldn't. It was very hard on me, and it must have been heartbreaking for them, too. But then there are other foster homes where kids stay for years and basically become part of the family... my husband has foster brothers and sisters like that. So hopefully we could have that kind of home. We definitely have the space in our new house!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 3, 2006, 10:34 AM
    Well, then fill up the new house!! With your experience you could be very helpful to foster children who feel so left out and have other problems to deal with. The hard thing about babies though is that a lot of them are drug addicted from birth that is such a sad thing.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2006, 11:54 AM
    If you are prepared and can afford it then have all the kids you want!
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 4, 2006, 03:07 PM
    Chava I have a couple of teenagers you can borrow if you REALLY Want them! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help, I'm going crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember a lot so there is prob no hope in me finding the answer! It was a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid... I think it was a movie perhaps.. either way it was an animation. I grew up mid 80s to 90s seeing it so it would be from around that time, maybe a little earlier even. ...

Is this crazy or what? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. In the beginning when we got in a fight and I told him we should break up he would say things like, he didn't care if I want to leave then leave, no girl is that important that he's going to beg her to stay... not even his mother. Now whenever we...

Do you think I'm crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

Now this is how my story goes I've known this guy for a year now and we've been friends,very close friends ever since but last November we started getting real close I thot it waz 4 good maybe we culd date but it never happened we talk till d early hrs of the mornin and go to d same college still I...

Help! Going crazy! [ 56 Answers ]

undefined Hi. I need someone to talk to because I feel like I'm going crazy! My boyfriend broke up with me 2 days ago and all I want to do is just curl up in a ball and sleep. My eyes are so sore and red from crying that I can't even touch them to wipe my tears away anymore. Anyway, we were...

View more questions Search