Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Worried Breeder Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Tiny little brownish bugs on my dog
    Does anyone know what kind of bugs besides Fleas or ticks that could get on my dog?
    I know that sounds stupid but I found a bug well 3 on my dog. It looks like what you would get in your flour in the house like a weevil but when I look at what a weevil looks like that is not it.

How should I get rid of it and how do I prevent it in future?
    Please help.

Worried Breeder
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 4, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Could it be bedbugs, they are brownish, look a lot like that black bug you find crawling on strawberries Boiling the sheets and bedding and ironing things like you would do for headlice

Sep 4, 2008, 03:05 PM
    I do not know what kind of bug it is. I have never had any kind of lice or seen it. I clipped the dogs yesterday, washed them, washed all there bedding, changed it every time they went outside and I am just a freak every time I see them scratching. What to do?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Well they sell products you can wash the floors with that kill most all bugs. Keep them in an easily cleaned area until you get a handle on it. Lice look like tiny white spiders and you need a special product for them, but they would be scratching nonstop if you had those. Probably you are noticing the bugs since you clipped their coats short and you can more easily see their skin, but most pests do not like shorter clipped hair so they may migrate to your unclipped animals... Maybe use straw bedding in a pen, that way you can discard it or burn it if it's dirty.
    Bedbugs, I would call a professional exterminator.
    thommyschnak Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Sep 4, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Here is a link to see what bedbugs look like.. Bed bugs can live in your new mattress - 'Don't let the bed bugs bite' - MSNBC.com
    Very similar to what you are describing I think
    Let me know what you think

Sep 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
    No it is not bed bugs.
    thommyschnak Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Sep 4, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Here is another small common household description that fits your description

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/images/l...etle_chris.jpg
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 4, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Worried Breeder View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of bugs besides Fleas or ticks that could get on my dog?
    I know that sounds stupid but I found a bug well 3 on my dog. It looks like what you would get in your flour in the house like a weevil but when I look at what a weevil looks like that is not it.

How should I get rid of it and how do I prevent it in future??
    Please help.

Worried Breeder
    I think Advantage will kill most dog pests. Except Wolverines. But seriously, expensive, but worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little tiny bugs [ 13 Answers ]

just lastnite I kept noticing I would itch in random places like something was crawling(the crawl pretty fast) on me and it was a very little bug smaller than a period.I have found one at a time randomly Do you know what kind of bug this could be?

Tiny black biting bugs [ 5 Answers ]

I was lying on my bed on the top of the covers for 20 minutes and felt an itch on my back. I scratche it several times and when I got up I looked in the miror and saw three bites. I found a few small black bugs(smaller than a pin head). What can they be? With a magnifing glass they look like tiny...

What are these tiny white bugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked on a chicken farm last year, and I got an infestation in the carpets clothes,etc I had to wash and disinfect everything but now a year on I'm finding them again in clothes, they are very hard to see and they are white with reddy orange heads, please help it's getting me down and it makes...

Litte tiny bugs [ 2 Answers ]

I found these little tiny almost mircoscopic bugs in every window seal, even in the upstairs windows. Raid seemed to have killed them but is anyone aware of what they are?

View more questions Search