Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joanmf25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Water stays in the bottom of my dishwasher
    I don't remember seeing water in the bottom of my dishwasher before but hubby says it is suppose to have some in the bottom. My glasses have been getting etched and yukky looking and it doesn't seem like my jet dry is going down I have a Whirlpool quiet partner III dishwasher. I also pulled some white stringy substance out of the drain holes in the bottom. Do I have a problem:
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 03:42 AM
    Hubby is right, a certain amount of water stays in the pump motor to keep the seals moist. Don't know what the stringy stuff could be but should be cleaned. Stuff may be clogging pump. A dishwasher is basically just a water pump. It pumps the water out the arm, spraying the water around or out the drain, depending on a valve setting. A clogged pump means that the water does not get sprayed around enough to dissolve detergent.
    redskinser Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 1, 2008, 09:51 PM
    There's is suppose to be some but not enough to see... it sounds like you have a drain issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water in bathroom sink stays on for a second, then cuts off [ 2 Answers ]

About 5 months ago the hot water in my bathroom sink started making loud hammering noises. I reported it to my landlord, but he has yet to fix the problem. Now the hot water will only stay on for a second and then cuts off. I hear a single knock coming from downstairs when it cuts off (I rent the...

Ice top of fridge water on bottom [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old whirlpool fridge model EHT 181ZK ( freezer on top no ice maker or water) On the top of the fridge there is an ice build up and water on the bottom of the fridge. Some water is dripping down the back of the fridge and getting food on the back of the shelves wet. Is this a clogged...

Dishwasher Overflowing and Water Left in Bottom of Unit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been without a dishwasher for years because I thought mine was bad. When I first moved into my condo I had a half size, ancient dishwasher that started to overflow about the third time I used it. After several years I decided to replace it with a full size unit and on my...

View more questions Search