Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mz_n_dependent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Homelite mighty lite weedeater won't stay running
    i have a Homelite Mighty Lite weedeater 1 year old...the primer bulb cracked so i finally found anothe one..i put it on and now it will start but dies..if i give it gas it dies and if i dont give it gas it dies...when it dies the motor or exhaust is smoking which i dont remember it ever doing before..and then when i re-did the primer bulb it was leaking gas but i think i got it to stop..but im not sure on adjusting the idol screw..if thats what it is..ive turned it both ways now so much and have no idea how to start over on setting the screw to the right spot.. and i have mixed the gas but what if its not rite amounts would that contiribute to the smoking out of the back?? or not being able to keep it running??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 10:23 AM
    2 cycle engines do smoke all the time, more so when just starting. I am surprised a one year old bulb would crack but I guess anything is possible. I would start with a fresh canof gas and 2 cycle oil mixed to a 40:1 ratio. Do not make any carb adjustments at this point. Add the recommended amount of Sea Foam or any other good carb cleaner to the first tank of gas, dump all current gas. Come back and tell us how it is going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm gas heater pilot lite won't stay lit. [ 3 Answers ]

I have followed the directions, yet the pilot lite won't stay on.

WeedEater 22" mower won't stay running [ 5 Answers ]

I purchase this 158 cc 22" push mower last year from walmart. It worked fine all mowing season. Now I went out to mow my grass today and I can't get it to keep running. If I prime it, it will run for a few seconds then die. I pulled off the air filter and tried again. I get the same result. I...

Furance won't stay lite [ 2 Answers ]

I have a beckett afg oil furance when I hit the reset button it lite run reach the temperature in the house but when temparture drop in the house the furance will lite but cut off when try to startup again it lite but just go out

Homelite Weedeater not running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Homelite Weedeater that once it gets hot, it simply won't stay running. I noticed today that the gas is bubbling and also bubbling inside the bulb that you pump up a few times. What could be causing this? How do I resolve this problem? Carla [email protected]

View more questions Search