Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smash052 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Nov 9, 2007, 07:51 AM
    EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday?
    I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!?

:confused: :eek:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Testing for what? Unlike other drugs, alcohol only stays in your system for 24 hours. If Friday is the last time you've had anything to drink (btw, isn't today Friday?), it's not likely that any traces would show up on Tues. or Wed.

Nov 9, 2007, 08:01 AM
    OK I'm planning on drinking tonight. The EtG test can find it in your system up to 80 hours after you consumed your last drink.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 08:08 AM
    SO, Don't drink!!

Obviously this is something you shouldn't be doing or you wouldn't be questioning the testing( or getting tested for that matter)

Are you an alcoholic?

Nov 9, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC
    SO, Don't drink!!!

Obviously this is something you shouldn't be doing or you wouldn't be questioning the testing( or getting tested for that matter)

Are you an alcoholic?
    Um no - I'm not an alcoholic!! I have to take these because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and it had nothing to do with me but stuff happens and I'm doing what I have to do to get this over with, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to go out from time to time.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smash052
    Um no - I'm not an alcoholic!!! I have to take these b/c I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and it had nothing to do with me but stuff happens and I'm doing what I have to do to get this over with, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to go out from time to time.

Why not just not drink this weekend so that you don't have this problem last longer. I would say that not drinking for one weekend is doing what you have to do to get this over with. It should not be a problem for you to not drink for one weekend if you don't have a problem.

Nov 9, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    Why not just not drink this weekend so that you don't have this problem last longer. I would say that not drinking for one weekend is doing what you have to do to get this over with. It should not be a problem for you to not drink for one weekend if you don't have a problem.
    Ok people I'm asking for an answer not opinions. One weekend - totally not a problem!! I've been doing it, but it's for a year. I bet not one casual drinker would want to have to do this. It's nice to have a glass of wine with dinner or a couple beers.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Answer:

Drinking before a known test for drinking is taking a chance, not necessary, and might be considered risky behavior,

Its your life, you take the chance of failing on your own.

We only meant well by our responses,and are supremely sorry( I am anyway) for treading on your feet.

KEN
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Ok people I'm asking for an answer not opinions. One weekend - totally not a problem!!! I've been doing it, but it's for a year. I bet not one casual drinker would want to have to do this. It's nice to have a glass of wine with dinner or a couple beers.
    I guess you have to weigh your options. A beer with dinner and run the risk of it not being out of your system or no beer. I am not a huge risk taker so I know what my answer would be.
    misha69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 03:34 AM
    Comment on s_cianci's post
    Not true I got busted 2 days after drinking
    christchild406 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:58 PM
    The etg(ethyl glucuronide) test will find alcohol in your system 80 hours with the posibility of a couple more your screwed I know

Jul 10, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Yeah, I know - it sucks. I've given up on the idea of having a drink here and there while on probation. It's almost over
    CJGriffin83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Hello,

Ethanol/Alcohol is in every day products that we use. (i.e. Mouthwash, aftershave, hand sanitizers, rubbing alcohol, medications, etc... )

The EtG urine test will only measure that there was alcohol in your system not from what though.

You go from legally drunk (.08) to sober in about 6 to 7 hours. Depending on what u drink and how much. Beer much less, booze much more.

If you are having an ETG urine test on a Tuesday, Sunday & Monday you drink a boat load water and exercise to get the alcohol out of your system.

ETG Urine tests could go up to 80 hours.

That Being said, if you have a couple pitchers on Friday night, the alcohol should be processed and gone within 48 hours.

Bearing in mind that if they do a hair test, that could back 30 days!

Hope this answers your questions!

Happy Drinking!
    kellie22 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 11:33 PM
    I know this was posted a while ago, but wanted to respond for anyone who might have the same question.
    Personally, I have been taking random drug and alcohol tests twice a week, every week for the past year and I find it a lot less stress to stay clean
    SMASH052 sees it the same way too, it's easier and less stress to just go without for a while.

I know a guy that drank a few beers the night before a test and tested NEG. I know a different guy who had a twelve pack Thursday night and tested Saturday and also was NEG. BUT, I also know of a girl that drank two days before and she said it was only one drink (who knows, it may have been more) but was positive.
    If you do feel you need to risk this, I have a few thoughts. Drugs and alcohol will leave your system at a different rate depending on your metabolism. If you increase your metabolism you will decrease your risk of getting caught. ( I don't think this has been proven - like I said it's my thoughts and I guess some observations. ) If you eat right and exercise often, not just the day you want to drink it will increase your metabolism.

If you do drink and need to pass the test in two days I would recommend drinking a lot of
    water while your drinking alcohol if possible. Continue drinking A LOT of water up until about 4 hours before the test. Before the test you will need to eat a real good meal at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours prior to the test to not get a dilute. Vitamins wouldn't hurt either.

I have never tried this, so no guarantees. If anyone tries it tell me (most post it so others know) if it works. Everyone is different so even if it works for one person it doesn't mean it will work for others.

Again, the best way to pass the EtG or any drug test is to stay clean, I know, I've passed all mine for the last 471 days. It's also a lot less stress to not drink or use when you are going to have to test, and it's not that bad. I know it sucks to not have that drink with dinner, or a few drinks with friends but you will enjoy that drink a lot more when you don't have to worry about passing a test.

I hope this helps someone. The only part that I know will help you pass the EtG or a drug test is to not drink or do drugs. NOT PREACHIN', JUST SAYIN'
    jigg2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2008, 08:29 AM
    I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!!?!?!?!

:confused: :eek:
    no. I have 2 take those test every Tuesday or Thursday. I test on Thursday,drink that night and Friday. As long as I stop on Friday night I am good 4 Tuesday. Count back 80 hours. But be sure your math is right.
    jigg2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Try flushing with apple cider vinegar. You will b peeing out both ends ,but it always helps 2 reasure me.
    arlie2225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Does water help cleanse the liver to pass the test?
    kellie22 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I wouldn't count on it, but it wouldn't hurt (I don't think) I have not tried to pass the test after drinking. My thought is the more you pee the more it will clean you out. I would try the apple cider vineger... or not drink?
    iluvsnm2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Comment on kellie22's post
    Thank YOU! Well said.
    pee passer 673 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 09:18 AM
    If urine is kept over time, like several weeks then tested for alcohol or drugs will the test show that it is "old urine"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

Urine test for alcohol [ 8 Answers ]

How long does alcohol stay in system and detected by urine test?

Alcohol Urine Test [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate any and all input. I am on probation, and was surprisingly urine tested on Friday morning, after having had 3 vodka/cranberry (strong ones) on Wednesday night. I stopped drinking at around 8:00PM. I'm so nervous that they would detect the alcohol consumption. How...

Alcohol test [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I passed a drug test for work and now they want a alcohol test, will THC show up in a alcohol test?

View more questions Search