Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nealsmemory Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Can you sell piano key ivory?
    I have a piano that's around 100 years old. It was not taken care of and hardly any of the keys work. I have had it worked on numerous times, but can no longer afford to repair it. There is genuine ivory on each of the keys. I have been told there is a market for the old ivory but have no idea where to start looking. I hate to scrap the ivory if I can sell it. Thanks for any help & ideas!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Answered this on your other post fully, summary,

Try eBay or local antique auction house
    nfacciolo Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Since the use of Ivory has been banned, I am sure not only can you sell your Ivory keys but you could probably get a real good price. My suggestion would also be EBay. Someone who restores old pianos would be interested also.
    Dannythekey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 01:50 PM
    I am looking to purchase the whole lot if you are interested. How much would you sell it to me for?

Email me at:
    [email protected]
    nanceesassee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Hi,

What have you found out about selling piano kep ivory? I have 80-year old ivory from an entire keyboard and wonder what to do with it.
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    vldg1901 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Hi Nancy,

If you still have your piano key ivory I would be interested in buying a few keys. I have an old piano I'm trying to restore and a few of the keys are chipped or broken. Email me if you're interested [email protected]
    nanceesassee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 08:58 PM

Hi,

The ivory I have came off an old piano. Most are chipped. I don't think any would be good for refurbishing your keys. Good luck.
    daringwriter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 03:10 PM
    @nanceesassee I'm wanting to buy old piano keys for some artwork. How many do you have? How much would you charge? Do you have pictures? Email me at [email protected]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 11:11 AM
    Just so people know who continue to post on this thread...

It's now very old and archived, so not generally visible anymore, unless people happen to go to this forum topic area, or are notified because there's activity on it because they've already posted on it.

Thanks!
    missthemusic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 08:15 AM
    I have a 1907 French made, Aeolian player piano. It doesn't work anymore and when I had a player piano restorer out to fix it he said he could not do anything with it because American made parts are a different size and won't fit my piano and they don't make parts anymore for mine.

I would like to find buyers for the parts. Email: [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone play piano? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this forum Just wondering - does anyone play piano? If u do please tell me cause I have some questions to ask Thanks

Learning the Piano [ 9 Answers ]

Can one of those portable keyboards be used to learn the piano. If so, which one would you recommend?

Aging yellowish colour on white/ivory plastic [ 1 Answers ]

How do I restore the original colour of white/ivory-coloured computer stuff from the aging yellowish tint?

View more questions Search