Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Q about Veterans benefits and the requirements
    I am waiting for a job. I take care of elderly people and the family of this one man told me that they could not hire me yet because the militery insurance would not pay for a caregiver till there was some problems with the house like a bad spot in the floor and the wiring is bad. They said the house had to pass inspection first. I was just woundering if anyone knew if this was a possibility or if they were just wanking my chain. I would rather them tell me we don't want to hire you instead of keeping me in limbo. I would love to help them out because I know how hard taking care of an elderly loved one is. But I do not know them enough to know if they are telling me the truth. Thank you in advance for the help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by geminisblue79
    I am waiting for a job. I take care of elderly people and the family of this one man told me that they could not hire me yet because the militery insurance would not pay for a caregiver till there was some problems with the house like a bad spot in the floor and the wiring is bad. They said the house had to pass inspection first. I was just woundering if anyone knew if this was a possibility or if they were just wanking my chain. I would rather them tell me we don't want to hire you instead of keeping me in limbo. I would love to help them out because i know how hard taking care of an elderly loved one is. But I do not know them enough to know if they are telling me the truth. Thank you in advance for the help.

Here is my frank comment - on one thread you cannot pay your bills because you can't work because of your medical condition and you may need to file in Bankruptcy.

On another thread there is a warrant out for you for check fraud and you don't know what to do because of your medical problems.

On this thread you are waiting to get a job.

What is the truth here?

Aug 23, 2008, 11:05 AM
    I am waiting to get a job but if they are yanking my chain I don't know what to do. The job is my only hope at this very moment. I am trying to find out what my options are if I can possibly get the job I won't have to worry about the other problems, but I cannot just wait on them to decide they want to tell me they won't hire me. If there is an inspection that has to go on before they hire I am willing to help with fixing these things. But if they are just pulling my chain then my options are limited. Just because I posted all of my questions on the same day does not mean that I am lying. You need to stop accusing and/ or judging people so suddenly. That one job is my only hope at the moment inless you know of a job that someone with two fractured vertebra can do with no lifting, bending, jarring, etc. Please inform me. And in case you are wondering how I would help with repairs, I have a lot of family that works in construction that would help them so I would be able to work and take care of myself and not be a burden on anyone. Thank you.

Aug 23, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Oh by the way I did not intend to commit check fraud as you say. I had put a stop on my insurance bank draft but it still went through and messed everything up.

Aug 23, 2008, 11:08 AM
    And I know what to do if there is a warrant, turn myself in. I was wanting to know if they could issue the warrant.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 11:20 AM
    and i know what to do if there is a warrent, turn myself in. i was wanting to know if they could issue the warrent.

The credit union doesn't issue the warrant - they file with the Police and then the warrant is issued for your arrest.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 11:23 AM
    i am waiting to get a job but if they are yanking my chain i don't know what to do. the job is my only hope at this very moment. i am trying to find out what my options are if i can possibly get the job i won't have to worry about the other problems, but i cannot just wait on them to decide they want to tell me they won't hire me. if there is an inspection that has to go on before they hire i am willing to help with fixing these things. but if they are just pulling my chain then my options are limited. Just because i posted all of my questions on the same day does not mean that i am lying. you need to stop accusing and/ or judging people so suddenly. That one job is my only hope at the moment inless you know of a job that someone with two fractured vertebra can do with no lifting, bending, jarring, etc. Please inform me. And in case you are wondering how i would help with repairs, i have a lot of family that works in construction that would help them so i would be able to work and take care of myself and not be a burden on anyone. thank you.

I'm not going to debate this with you - you posted info on other sites which was incomplete, left out material facts (leading people to believe the warrant was being issued for failure to pay your bills and giving you info based on that incorrect info), posted you can and cannot work on various threads. You are a stranger to me. I judged you based on your postings.

It's not my job to inform you of anything or wonder about anything - you asked a legal question or two, I answered and then found the other posts contained important information.

I care little how many times you post in one day. I do care when the posts contradict each other.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 11:44 AM
    oh by the way i did not intend to commit check fraud as you say. I had put a stop on my insurance bank draft but it still went thru and messed everything up.

Then that will be your defense to the Warrant - you stopped payment, the credit union honored the check, you are not responsible for their error. You'll take your proof to Court, they'll take whatever they have, the Judge will decide.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 12:18 PM
    They are yanking your chain, the floor or wiring has nothing at all to do with the medical need for someone to have a caregiver in the home, someone to cook and clean, do the laundry and perhaps bathe them and so on. They can get that benefit if medically needed if they live in a old mobile home or live in a 200,000 new home.

Next you could not work for them under this benefit, since it would have to be paid though an agency normally that is licensed and approved to do such care. Plus to be honest with a warrant out, you could not get approved for this type of work anyway.

Aug 23, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Thank you FR_chuck that was what I was trying to find out. That is what I figured.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Yes, I say this, my parents were fairly well off, have a older but perfect condition home, they had home care for dad for a bit, no one could do it to mom's satisfaction and she keep firing everyone, so they finally stopped sending anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BILLS! Medicare B vs. Veterans Affairs [ 6 Answers ]

Should my dad continue to pay $280+/month for Medicare B, when he is now covered and only sees doctors at the Veterans Affairs hospital. All he has to pay the VA is $8 co-pays for prescriptions and like $50 for other stuff. Medicare B only covers doctors visits and equipment from non government...

Veterans Entrepeneurship and Small Business Development Act of 1999 [ 2 Answers ]

I would like more information about this Act of 1999 or where to find it. Public Law 106-50, Section 101

AC requirements [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know what size AC unit I need for my home?

Hot Tub GFI Requirements [ 1 Answers ]

I have an outdoor hot tub with the pump and heater located inside the house. As no electrical connection on the pump or heater comes within 6 feet or the tub, and is located indoors, if they are grounded, do they need a GFI circuit breaker?

MD Requirements [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone here gone to med school with a non-science background? I have a BBA, and am wondering if I can do med school. Just want to hear what you guys think. Thx

View more questions Search