Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reneebrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Drum won't turn, belt good Frigidaire dryer
    Just replaced heating element on frigidaire dryer fde647rfs0. Put dryer back together and drum will not turn. Motor is turning, and drum turns by hand. But when machine is put back together the belt is not turning the drum. Belt is correct according to schematics. Any suggestions.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 23, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Hello reneebrooks

If the drum can turn freely, the motor can supply the pull required, and the belt is properly fixed and tightened, the system should be running properly.

So to check :

When you turn the big driving wheel mounted to the drum, does the motor turns also?

A : If so, the problem is in the motor.
    B : If not, the problem is either in the motor itself or in the belt tension.

If it is the belt tension, the spring loaded tension wheel is not properly mounted.
    If it is the motor, just take of the belt, and check the motor : is it running free?

Connect the dryer to the mains, and switch on with an empty drum.
    Does the motor turn now?
    If not : is the motor humming slightly?
    If you turn the motor, does it start running?
    Do you have a multimeter to check voltages ?

Please reply to the questions here and contact me by private mail (click on my name and follow instruction) , and I will advice you here further.

Succes !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire Crown Series Dryer--Drum removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Crown Series clothes dryer (Model F31C546CS0). It is approximately 10 years old. The belt has broken and I need help/suggestions. Should I replace the belt or just replace. The unit is in good shape overall but I am concerned that it may be about time to replace it. I...

Frigidaire Dryer Drum [ 1 Answers ]

Right after my dryer drum interior light went out , I noticed that the dryer would no longer automatically stop upon opening the door. I noticed the small button (which I assume stops and starts whenever the door is opened or closed) was completely pushed in. I'm not sure if the two things are...

Drum won't turn on Whirlpool Dryer #LCG6848AQ1 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool gas dryer and the drum doesn't spin/turn on it. The blower motor works (I got a face full of lint to prove it) and I don't know if it's a separate motor that turns the drum. I started pulling the back off it and it looks like the belt is still on the drum. The door switch seems...

Dryer drum will not turn [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer has continued heating but not turning. How can I fix it?

View more questions Search