Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caspergirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Does suboxone show on a drug test done by probation? -Fresno, Ca
    I got a DUI from drinking and driving. I went to court 5 days ago and was put on formal probation and I have a meeting with a probation officer in two days. I'm contimplating telling him about being on Suboxone. I have been on it for over a year, but was only legaly prescribed it for the first month by a doctor. I then started sharing the cost with a friend to help pay for it because I couldn't afford the visits and expensive meds. I just went again and got a valid script for it two days ago. I have to do drug tests twice a week and meet with a probation officer once a week. I don't have any criminal past besides a DUI. I don't know if I want to tell him because he and the court will probably give me a hard time for being on it. I think this way because I didn't have a legal script for it until now and they won't justify my financial problems as a good reason. I'm also concerned because it gives them another reason to have a bad opinion of me. I just don't know if I want them to know about this because it has nothing to do with the DUI. Everything I have heard or read has said that suboxone isn't tested for on drug tests. I took a test for my employer and it didn't show. Has any one been on probation recently or known any one who has that can tell me if they test for this medicine?? Thanks for any help or opinions...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 06:36 PM
    If you have a valid script for this there should be no worries.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 04:39 AM
    If you lie and don't tell them about this and it does show up on your drug test, you will have more problems in store for you. You may even sit in jail until you can prove that you have a valid reason and script for this. There is one problem though, if you do have a valid script for this, you will have to keep showing the legal renewal for this drug - or stop taking it entirely until you are off probation. Either way you chose to go, you won't escape the probation officer's scrutiny on this.

Think about this for a moment. Suboxone is not tested (as you say) but opiods are. And Suboxone is an opiod.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 05:21 AM
    The thing is, you have to get off it, or yes you will fail their test. You need to see about getting clean from this or you will have a lot more trouble with the PO
    tomkitty Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Check with a nurse in a detox center, you can look them up in your telephone book, and just keep calling, or ask to speak to a counselor about Suboxone. You should be able to get free information if you search for it. They should be able to tell you if the po will be testing for it. Suboxone is an opiate it could show up as heroin, get the information you need, before you get in more trouble. Oh another thing make sure it's a nurse or counselor that specializes in Suboxone treatment, someone not educated in Suboxone treatment might not give you the correct answer. Also think about stopping Suboxone, and dropping down slowly, you can do it if you want to do it. Remember it's very expensive to keep going.
    Good Luck
    smith83 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Hey, I know it's a few months later, but I'm in the same boat, from fresno even, only I don't have a script for the sub. I was just wondering if you found out if it does show up or not on their tests! I don't want to wd, but don't want to get in trouble either. Thanks so much.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smith83
    hey, i know its a few months later, but im in the same boat, from fresno even, only i dont have a script for the sub. i was just wondering if you found out if it does show up or not on their tests! i dont want to wd, but dont want to get in trouble either. thanks so much.

Depdends on what test(s) is run: "The Buprenorphine drug test Xalex will detect use of Suboxone®, Subutex® or Buprenex® (buprenorphine hydrochloride). This drug currently being marketed in the United States for the treatment of opiate addiction. Similar to opiates such as Methadone, Subutex® and Suboxone® are designed as a replacement for injected and snorted opiates such as heroin. Buprenorphine, a derivative of thebaine, provides pain relief and also produces a narcotic high. In fact, Buprenorphine was originally used for pain relief purposes over many years ago."
    paradoxlie Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Sep 6, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Bupernorphine -suboxone.. does not show up when you give a urine. Even though it is a synthetic opiate, the naloxone blocks it... either way, its none of their bizz... don't tell them...
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 11:28 AM

You are aware that you are answering posts from 2008?

You have absolutely no business criticizing a well respected long-time member of this site.

You are insulting and very much out of line. You have opened an old thread (and there are newer threads on this subject), chosen this one answer (which you don't like), posted once and disappeared leads me to believe you either have or had another user name and have chosen this thread to take out whatever anger you have on another member, anonymously.

Someone care to check the IP?

And if you are looking to be congratulated on beating the tests you aren't going to get that gratification here.
    JoJo2sandybeach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 04:03 PM
    Yes, Suboxene is tested for by probation officers. I had a drug test today and tested positive for suboxene.
    dok1243 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

May 31, 2010, 08:08 PM
    Just tell them you are on it if you have a legit prescription there's nothing they can do about it... tell them you need it to stay clean... I got in trouble and I'm on suboxone I just told them I was on it and they just had me do my drug tests through my suboxone clinic since I was taking them anyway there... so it actually worked out... I just have to show them a letter from my doctor and the drug test once every month or 3 weeks to my probation officer... either way your good because even if you don't tell them and you somehow fail for suboxone which you won't because it doesn't show up on an opiate drug test... just say you have a prescription for it and show them and say you didn't know you had to tell them... what are they going to do its not illegal... lata
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2010, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dok1243 View Post
    just tell them u are on it if u have a legit prescription theres nothing they can do about it....tell them u need it to stay clean....i got in trouble and im on suboxone i just told them i was on it and they just had me do my drug tests through my suboxone clinic since i was taking them anyway there....so it actually worked out....i just have to show them a letter from my doctor and the drug test once every month or 3 weeks to my probation officer....either way ur good because even if u dont tell them and u somehow fail for suboxone which you wont because it doesnt show up on an opiate drug test....just say u have a prescription for it and show them and say u didnt know u had to tell them....what are they gonna do its not illegal....lata

Absolutely incorrect - if you are using ANY drug which is forbidden by your probation you have to get the consent of your probation officer before you use it.

And, again, please stop using text speak on the legal boards. It makes it really difficult to have any faith in what you say.

Also - don't attempt to dictate who will or who won't answer your questions and/or post.
    n0ven0ve Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jul 6, 2010, 07:04 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    SUBOXONE IS TOTALLY UNDETECTABLE ON A TYPICAL TEST USED BY PROBATION/COURT SYSTEMS. The only way to detect it is via an intense tox screen similar to those used on deceased. Even then I'm not sure if its detectable but I am sure it does not show up on

Jul 6, 2010, 07:05 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    SOrry you are 100% wrong, and my PO at least, encourages the use of suboxone because it keeps me off heroin.

Jul 6, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Sorry meant to add answer not reply.

Jul 6, 2010, 07:10 PM
    ( new to this ) can't add answer so here is my full answer if I could:
    n0ven0ve: SUBOXONE IS TOTALLY UNDETECTABLE ON A TYPICAL TEST USED BY PROBATION/COURT SYSTEMS. The only way to detect it is via an intense tox screen similar to those used on deceased.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

What are possible consequences for failing drug test on felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

What are possible consequences for failing drug test on felony probation

Drug Test [ 6 Answers ]

I am 19 years old, 5'11", about 130 lbs and have smoked weed for 1 and a half years prior to quit, I cut back to 2 hits a month for 1 month and for the past month and a half I have been clean of everything, I'm not big, I have a high metabolism, and I took a detox drink called ready clean, its for...

Drug Test! [ 8 Answers ]

How Long Will Marijuana Stay In Your System? In My Case It Was My First Time Ever Smoking Weed And Me And Three Friends Shared A Dime Bag, Which Really Isn't A lot, I Didn't Feel The High Or Anything. This Happened On The Saturday The 2nd. I Have To Take A Drug Test For A Job And Im Scared It'll...

Will Bangkok pills show positive in a drug test? [ 4 Answers ]

Will bangkok pills show positive in a drug test? I have a friend who uses it. How long does she have to clear her system before the drug test, so it won't test positive for any of the bangkok pill components?

View more questions Search