Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    special touch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Cleaning business
    I wanted to know how would I go about getting contracts for office cleaning? Or should I start with housecleaning first?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2008, 10:49 PM
    The first thing that we need to know here is what kind of cleaning experience do you already have in doing it for others. Have you had any training or experience doing it for others?

If you want to launch out on your own business, you will get lots of helpful advice here. But, we do need to know first where you are coming from because of the experience that you may or might not have already had in that kind of profession.

Just in case you haven't had any experience, then it would be best to start with house cleaning. Cleaning an office or business of some sort might involve the use of machine equipment and commercial chemicals where it would really help if you had some experience using them before launching out on your own business. You might want to ask people who you know if there is anyone who might need a house cleaner. You could also ask people that you know who have house cleaners working for them to see what the going prices are in the area where you want to work so that you will have an idea as to the range of prices that you might charge depending on the services that are rendered.

Also, if no experience, working for a firm that has a lot of business and experience would be a way for you to get the experience that you need in order to know what to do in your own business.

Being good at cleaning of any sorts is not as easy as some people might think that it might be. Around where I am, it's hard to find good people who will do a great job at house cleaning. So much so, that there would appear to be a shortage of good people to find. So, if someone around here is really good at house cleaning, then there should be ample business for them to find.

Getting the contracts isn't all that hard. There are many free ways that you can advertise to get them as well as approaching people in person or in letters by way of introduction. There also is the option to advertise what you do via the local media, be it in print or another way.

I will let you know more how to effectively advertise a business once I know how much actual experience you do have.

Thanks!
    jands Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Comment on Clough's post
    Perfect answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Cleaning Business [ 10 Answers ]

I have started a new cleaning business. I have researched as many ways as I have knowledge to market my business. I have business cards, post cards sent to mailing lists, word of mouth, website, online yellow page ad and so on and so forth. I only have one client and can not figure what to do to...

Cleaning business [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to start a cleaning business. How do I get started? INS. BONDS, LICENSE ECT.

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

It says that I have to file a "Federal Employee Identification Number" (FEIN). I have no Idea what this is and where to get one---Can you help?

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

Im a young lady from nottingham and I want to start my own cleaning business asap but I don't have money. I have heard that you can start by just getting your cleaning products. Is this true? Could any 1 give me a number for any where that could help me? Please let me no bearring in mind I'm rom...

View more questions Search