Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linwat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Sharktooth connection between copper & plastic
    Is it possible to use a shark tooth connection to connect 1/2"copper tube to rigid plastic tubing on a water supply?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Hi Linwat...

YUP... if the plastic pipe is CPVC.

If not cpvc (creme color), but pvc (white color) then you would need to use a threaded sharkbite fitting as in the pictures below.

Here, you would use, for example, a male x sharkbite fittting (1st pic.) and then you would install a pvc female adapter... or vice versa.
    You cannot use pvc pipe/fittings on hot water... ok?

Let me know if need more information... ;)
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper to plastic [ 11 Answers ]

I need to add an outside faucet and will have to T into exsiting copper tubing. Can I use plastic pipe to T into the copper pipe? I am trying to save money.

Plastic copper connections [ 5 Answers ]

I have a copper plumbing system and want to join copper to cpvc what are my options? Are there addapters for 1/2 inch copper pipe to cpvc?

Plastic or Copper Tubbing for ice maker [ 1 Answers ]

Because of my kitchen's configuration, the water line for the ice maker must go behind the stove. Unfortunately, the plumber put in a plastic tubing line which, when using the oven, became too hot and melted the tube (water everywhere!). Is copper tubbing OK to use for the water line? I'm...

Copper into plastic [ 2 Answers ]

Hi iwas replacing my floor because it was rotting when I was cutting some of it up I got into my copper supply line for the shower how can I tie into it with plastic because my soldering job turned out to be a big waste of time. Thank you for your help

Plastic and Copper pipe connections [ 1 Answers ]

Help... I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe. How do I get this off? I tried...

View more questions Search