Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckyp33 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Are there any physical signs to tell if your baby is biracial?
    Hi. I am a new mom of a beautiful baby girl. She is two weeks old and I am curious to know if there are any physical signs to tell if my baby is biracial. I am white and there are 2 possibilities for the father. One is black and one is white. She is really light skinned has soft curly black hair (I have curly hair too). Sometimes I think it could go either way. It is so confusing. I am going to get a DNA test when I can afford it, but I didn't know if anyone knew anything about this...
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Jan 3, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Well my cousin was bi racial and she was really light until about 2 moths old then she started to get darker now she is 8 and really dark
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 06:21 PM
    There may not be a sign in the world, only a DNA test will really prove anything.

My son ( who is bi-racial) looked whiter than me when he was born, after about 6 months he was slightly darker but it was really not till he was several years old that some of the more racial features starting being more visible. Also some traits are hidden for a generation or two.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 06:59 PM
    My older brother and sister are biracial and I am darker complected than they are lol. They have some features now, like a broad nose, that kind of leads you to think they are biracial... but otherwise I don't think you would really notice too much.

It varies person to person, and what traits passed down.

Only a DNA test is going to tell you.
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Is that your baby on the scree? If so, I think that baby is biracial. She/ he looks like most black children when they are born. Most black children are very light up until about 2-5 months old, and then they get browner as they age... Really no need to do a paternity test. You did the deed and your baby is BLACK!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Aug 21, 2008, 10:51 AM
    If I were you, I would definitely get the DNA test, just to be 100% sure. One of my friends adopted a biracial baby, and the child was very light, still to this day (she is 3), she could pass as italian (which her mother is), and you can not tell she is biracial. By the way, your baby is sooo cute, love the picture!
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2010, 06:56 AM

Hmm your baby looks biracial to me... you'll find out if she is by the time she is 6month at least. She'll get a bit darker... and probably will have brown eyes. She's probably going to be very light skinned though but you'll still know.
    crackitback Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 10:35 PM
    Your baby is def. mixed! I have twin babies that are half white/half black and have strawberry blonde hair and bright big blue eyes and very white skin!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents disapprove- I'm 30yr old woman pregnant with biracial baby [ 18 Answers ]

I'm recently found out that I am pregnant. My boyfriend is black and I am white. My parents haven't met him even though we have been together 6 months already. They completely disapprove of us being together. My question now is how do I mend any relationship with my parents; knowing they do not...

I'm having a baby and my dog already thinks she's my baby! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this board and I just wanted to ask a questions. I have two dogs. An 8 month old St. Bernard female named Moose and a 1 & 1/2 yeard old Samyoed male name Buckie. I just recently found out I was pregnant and have started to get really worried. Buckie is VERY attached to Moose but...

What physical signs does a pregnant dachshund exibit? [ 3 Answers ]

We adopted a 12- 14 year old dachshund 2 1/2 year ago. She is in fair health, having myocarditis, a cataract in one eye, and dental problems. However, she has NO BACK problems and LOTS of energy. She is an absolute sweetheart but having had a difficult life- has great separation issues, and is...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search