Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yankeegirl123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 07:39 AM
    No cold water coming out of shower, only hot water.
    I have a guest bathroom that really doesn't get used very often. I went to use it this weekend and there isn't any cold water coming out of the shower, only hot water. What can I do to get the cold water to work. I have company coming in and they will need to use the shower.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Could be that your mixing valve is clogged on the incoming cold line. Can you describe that control valve, maybe brand and model too?

Aug 18, 2008, 11:07 AM
    I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to plumbing. The control valve is just one knob that turns counter clockwise from cold to hot. I don't know the brand or model. It is what they put in when they built the house and the house is only 7 years old.

Aug 18, 2008, 05:04 PM
    We might be able to identify it if you can post a picture. Does it look like any of these? Moen's Complete Line of Bathroom Tub Shower Faucets

Aug 18, 2008, 05:25 PM
    It is the Moen Château model #2363

Aug 18, 2008, 05:30 PM
    You are one lucky yankeegirl. Moen has a lifetime warranty. Call them for a new cartridge and it comes with the instruction sheet. You could try to pull it yourself by visiting the Moen website and follow the tutorials on how to remove a cartridge. Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1224 Cartridge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Hot water coming from cold water pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the cold water tap, cold water comes out initially, but quickly and momentarily becomes hot for about 30 seconds, then cold again. At the hot water heater, the cold water feed pipe feels cold to the touch when I turn on the hot water faucet - which makes sense and seems normal. If...

No cold water coming out of shower [ 7 Answers ]

No cold water coming out of shower head only hot water already replaced the single conector for hot cold selection and replaced the internal cartridge. What next? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search