Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheved Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Withdrawing off my 401k?
    First... I have 2 different 401ks. Should I roll these together before I withdraw or withdraw them separate? Second... how to I go about getting started? Is it paper work? If it is where to I get this paperwork? Anyone might be able to help... much appreciated. Thanks Steve
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 23, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Yep, just paperwork... and no, the tax (and penalties if you're not yet ripe :p ) will net out to be the same whether they are separate or together.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 23, 2006, 10:06 AM
    I think we need some more info here. Are you of retirement age? Do you want to get the funds in a lump sum or are you looking to setup retirement income?

Please give more info about your situation so we can give you the best advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k [ 3 Answers ]

I was listening to a Suzi Orman program where she is now saying, unless the employer offers a 40lK company match, do not contribute to a 40lK. The reason? The tax rates today are much less then they were 10,15,20 years ago. My company does not match, however I contribute 15% of my salary. I...

401k [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was laid of from his job due to downsizing last April. He had been with the company for a little over 4.5 years. We recently received notification that the company had taken back their matched contributions to his 401K leaving only his contributions. Is this legal? Is there any...

401K Tax [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in Nevada for 5 years with an H-1B visa. Now I am back to the school for my MBA degree in Atlanta, Georgia. I have $12,000 vested in my 401K Account. Since I am neither a US citizen nor a permanent resident, I am considering to cash my 401K and use it for my tuition. As I understand...

401k help [ 2 Answers ]

You may have answered this question from other members, but I just wanted to get something clear. I've left my job 6 months ago. My new job doesn't have a retirement plan that I can roll over my 401k to. I'm not really that interested in opening up an IRA account. I'm thinking about just cashing...

View more questions Search