Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 16, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Tralyn, thanks for being so honest...good job!

I wonder if Brodio is alright...

Thank you! I wonder if Brodio is all right too.. haven't heard from him in a long time here. Maybe he forgot about his post?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Some people just don't come back. This site sure would be busy if they stayed...
    Tralyn, really, good job and I know what a struggle it can be... you keep on keeping on sweet!
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 19, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Some people just don't come back. This site sure would be busy if they stayed...
    Tralyn, really, good job and I know what a struggle it can be....you keep on keepin on sweet!
    Okay, I admit it - I had to take a deep breath before I said it - but you know, it's true. After all, there is a reason I had to get those contacts out of my life years ago, and there's a reason I decide not to be around it now - and that's because I know it's too likely I'd revert back and I just can't do that to me! I am an addict - plain and simple - sucks to admit, but it's the reason I'm not a current user and that is fantastic! : )

BRODIOOOOOOOOOOOO... please come back and post.

I have noticed many people drop their topics down and don't come back, sometimes they respond maybe once! Hmmm.. Best of luck no matter what Mr. Brodio!

Ohhh.. and thanks Startover22 for the sweet kudos!;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Ya, you hit it right on the button... and without any details I would like you to know how much I understand you right this moment. I do wish you well and am proud of you;)
    Brodio Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

Nov 17, 2008, 08:57 PM
    HEY EVERYONE! I have been gone for such a long time! I was showing my friend the posts that I had written when I was strugging with meth and I started reading all the posts from everyone and it made my eyes start to water up hehe..

I thnk its amazing that everyone had taken the time to write our their stories on how meth has changed their lives and tips and tricks on how they quit. This has helped me a lot and this is exactly why I started this post, so that we could all help each other out. I can honestly tell you from everything that you guys have wrote you have prevented one person I know from ever touching the and that's something you can all be proud of. He was curious and wanted to do the drug and I showed him this forum and what everyone has wrote and said he will never touch the drug and couldn't believe the impact it had on everyone and the stories of how some of you had to quit. So everyone who wrote something , you should feel really good about yourself because you probably just saved his life.

So here is a run through of what I have been doing for the last five months!.

During the summer:
    I decided to tell my mother that I had problems with drugs looking for help and support from her and I didn't end up getting it. She ignored it completely which was really hard. She is a really amazing women and stuff but I just think she couldn't understand what I was going through or something. Anyway I took it really bad at the time , I had felt really alone at that time since my family was not going to help and I was in a city with no job or friends and no family.
    After that happened I crashed completely and ended up driving across the country with my dealer who was moving to a new city. I tried to stay sober but couldn't, he was smoking meth the entire way there, and had to arrive at the new city by a certain date and we were driving all day for like 14 hours non stop. One day he was so over tired from the drug or high or something he almost flipped the car driving really fast on a high way,the car spun around and around it was scary as hell. So I gave in and started smoking tina so I could stay awake with him and keep him focused no the road. We drove 3,600 KM and I ended up staying with him in the new city for 4 weeks. That entire time I was there I was only sober a few days because he ran out of meth and decided to cut me off instead of him having to go dry. Before boarding on the airplane I was having a panic attack of the thought of having to get on a plane without any drugs and not have any on the flight home or any when I got home since my dealer was no longer living in the same city as me. I railed three huge lines of tina up my nose just before going through security and boarding the plane. When I got home I had to do detox all over again which was not easy. It was hard because I was used to getting all my drugs for free whenever I wanted, and not having to pay for them, and not being able to get them when I needed them most which was really rough. Sometimes I would end up crashing on the floor holding my chest curled up in a ball because I was panicking and freaking out so bad because I had no more money or drugs or anything to come off the drugs, It felt like my heart was going to explode.

After Summer:

I moved into a new apartment with my best friend. Things have been great. I hardly ever do meth now and when I do its more controlled. I have somebody else get it for me , because I don't want a relationship with any dealers, and also its in smaller amounts so I do not binge for a week. I also started going back to school which has helped a lot. You can't do T and go to school it just doesn't work , so I prefer school.
    Anyway.. I have come so far and am so much better then I used to be , I'm not completely meth free but I'm definitely not doing it everyday. Im back at the gym and have gained my weight back and I feel so much better!
    I still get meth dreams like crazy! Does that happen to any of you guys? Meth is in so many of my dreams its insane.

I will check back on here more often and am sorry that it took me so long to get back! Keep the posts coming and I hope that everyone that wrote they are meth free , still are meth free and doing well! Thank you everyone !(sorry for the spelling mistakes I didn't have time to spell check lol )
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 08:35 AM
    BRODIO! Holy crap! You have come such a long way. Glad to see you back and in action! I am so happy for you and happy to hear that you are in school, at the gym, and in your own place. Really amazing.
    I worry about you still hooking up though... I worry about that part.;) YOu have come such a long way, I just am so proud of you.
    shellyjo68 Posts: 100, Reputation: 11

Nov 18, 2008, 12:24 PM

Good job! Keep working on it!
    bensmom Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Nov 19, 2008, 07:58 AM

Brodio,
    You can't control something like meth, you may think you can but you can't in the end meth will always win. You may just think by cutting it down to every weekend or every other weekend that you can control it, the weekend will run into Monday or Tuesday and you'll start missing class or work, eveentually you will end up back using daily in the same position as you were in before. There's no controlling things your addicted to use, hence the word addiction. Until you have complete abstinece and sobriety and until you seek treatment, you probably will still have problems. You have to absolutely hate what and who you are before you can really get help, I am sure that will eventually happen since meth brings the worst out of everyone!! You sound like someone who is into your body, meth destroys your mayor organ and muscular tissue along with causing serious brain damage, I recommend that you look online the result to your body from meth, its not pretty, hence the reason you never see any old attractive tweekers. I wish the best for you but am not confident of you being able to control an addiction that is not controlable

Jan 17, 2009, 02:48 AM
    Your right it does always win. I haven't done it in awhile and I still crave it all the time. I can't go out and just drink or anything anymore because after my first drink or anything my priority is always trying to find meth. I hate it, and what its done to me. Im trying to keep away from it and I'm doing OK but I think it has done some serious damage to me. Im failing school because I can't concentrate anymore , and I'm depressed all the time. My dr priscribed me on anti depressants and gave me some phone numbers for rehab, because I never want to leave my room if I don't have to. I just feel like a zombie all the time, or I don't really care about anything like I used to. The last time I went out to a club I came home and I wanted it so bad and I couldn't get it because my internet was down and I didn't have any money , and I was paniking so bad that I actually grabbed a knife and cut my wrist. I have no idea why I did that , I think I was just trying to get my mind off it , and I had to drink a bottle of rye to pass out. I hate that this happens , because I have so many friends that love to have fun and have a few drinks and I can't even do that anymore.
    I don't want to be one of those old tweakers like you talk about because your right and I have seen a lot of them.
    Im doing much less then I used to , it doesn't even really do anything for me anymore , I don't get high like I used to, but I'm always still suffering from the effects of it. I feel like I just don't fit in with the rest of society anymore or something like I stick out or something , and I'm so tired of people. I find I'm such an angry person all the time , like walking outside and stuff , people irritate me so badly now. I view my life like a movie or something , you know those movies when somebody does a flash back of their life in black and white with the depressing music and stuff , that happens to me all the time.
    Its weird becaues people would have no idea that any of this stuff goes on inside my head because I try to hide it as much as I can. I hope things get better eventually. I read that your brain can actually repair itself if the damage isint that bad. My fingers are crossed because I couldn't imagine being depressed for the rest of my life.

Thanks for your advice
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2009, 11:17 AM
    Brodio... Remember what it used to be like, when you could smile cause you were happy, you were able to concentrate on school, and working out, and all your friends? I think you need to step back from your day to day life, call the rehab center, go and let them teach you a new way to feel as free as you can. Day to day is not suppose to make you feel like this. Your doctor can prescribe anything he wants to help, but you need a direction to go, meds don't give you that alone;)
    Have you thought about going into therapy, even some night support groups maybe?
    Your story is inspiring, anyone who can JUST QUIT meth, is inspiring to me. Not many people can do that. You have it in you, you still think clearly, you can do this. You can!
    bensmom Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Jan 17, 2009, 01:51 PM

Brodio,

I have been clean for 5 years from meth, Im in the same age group as yourself and I remember feeling similar as you say you feel. You need to stay away from everyone that does meth and even not drink for some time, even though your problem may not be alcohol it doesn't help your sobriety especially if you are craving meth when you are drinking. It honestly took me about 1 year of complete sobriety to recover. You can't go a week or two clean and then get high and expect to feel good when you come down. Life does get better trust me, I was always tired and depressed myself but eventually and gradually it was gone and I was happy again, I never think about going back, you can't introduce meth back in or it will just be a vicious circle, that's what drugs do to you, that's why its called an addiction.. I hope you seek out treatment, you have to break the cycle sooner or later, things will get better all around, you'll be happy again and be able to focus in your studies and concentrate. Best wishes

Oct 7, 2009, 02:54 AM
    Hey Everyone! I Started this post back in May 2008. I never got better like I wanted to , things only got worse. I had to quit my job since I was using at work, and sell mostly everything I had to pay off my debts. I packed up whatever I had left and left the city. I moved back to my home town which is small and about a 9 hour drive away from where I was living. Its sad that I had to leave all my friends and everything behind because of this stupid addiction but that's what it took. Ive been off it for two months now... do I still crave it? Hell yes! Im sure things will get better though. My mind is already much clearer and more focused.

I wish everyone the best of luck, and thanks everyone for all the stories and replys I read them all the time. If our stories have stopped even one person from ever touching crystal then I think we have accomplished a lot.

Thank You
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Brodio... I was really surprised to see you post again. Happy to hear about the last couple of months... remember if you ever just want to say what you want, this is the place to do it! Have you checked into any support group? It really helps to have a person to let it out with and/or someone that is going through the same thing... so you guys can root each other on. Seems that works really well when you kind of have to check in with someone! XXOO Brodio, good job!
    chris5531 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:18 PM
    http://www.soberliving.com/blog/methamphetamine-withdrawal-and-addiction-recovery-by-a-staff-member
    rackyburke Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2009, 01:19 AM
    Hi Brodio,
    First I want to let you know that you are on the right track. Even if you have a problem being around people (isolating) at least you are reaching out, that is one of the first steps in getting off that horrid drug. Before I suggest anything, please let me give you a run down on all I have used. I am a single rather attractive 50 year old Mother, Nana and I started using drugs at the age of 14. I want you to know that you are not alone, our world has become so dam scarey who wouldn't want to use drugs to cope. Anyhow I have used Weed, Alcohol, Cocaine (crack), Acid, Xanax, Mushrooms, Meth, Opiates in other words I think everything accept heroine and that ghb stuff, although I used to do MDA if that's close to it. My son is currently incarcerated and has been for 6 years behind meth. He used for 3 years and prison is the only thing that saved his life. Because you are so young you have a wonderful chance of beginning to love yourself enough and change the path you are on. First I suggest you do some research on drugs and how they affect our body. The way they affect our brain. Because I have abused drugs for nearly my entire life, I have really scrwed up my chemical balance in my brain. Meth users and really upper users, people who use drugs that make you want to do things. Even though you are alone in your apt. or house I am sure that you do things there. But when you take the drugs away after using for so long, you go into a deep depression. I am new to this ask.com thing but I would really like to help you, Iknow I would like to talk with you to get your story, everyone hs one. There is a reason why you are using in the first place. I am not sure if I can give you my number so maybe you can email me at EMAIL REMOVED and we can arrange to talk. I really think I can help you through this but I need to talk to you about a plan that is realistic for you to follow to obtain your freedom from that nasty drug. I will pray for you and hope to hear from you. Don't ever be ashamed for askimg for help. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! God Bless, Mary:o
    ah1114 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 03:06 AM
    Wow all of the advice and stories from all of is so helpful. I have been smoking meth for about a week. I was told that it would help with the pain I had in my body. I told myself it would be only one time. I didn't know it was so addicting. Wow I haven't slept since I started and I haven't eating either. I don't want to go to rehab, I'm looking for a way to do it on my own.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 08:39 PM
    ah1114... sheesh, I don't have influence with meth. All I can think of is ask... beg someone to babysit you till you don't touch it again, then join a support group and go from there. You will die if you do not eat, you will be someone you hate if you keep on doing this to yourself. I wish I could help more or give you advice that you don't already know. I can only be here to wish you well with your own choices. Hugs, Start

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The source of detox [ 2 Answers ]

What causes the cramps,insomnia,cold sweats during oxycotin detox

Detox Necessary? [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend is getting ready for a lifestyle change. She has eaten fast food and not done regular exercise for quite some time due to depression. She is currently being treated for depression and now wants to take better care of herself. She is not going on a "diet", but more of just watching...

Crystal meth long term brain damage ? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been clean now for 33 days off the evil crystal meth and I am wondering if I have brain damage from using meth for almost ten years on and off because it feels to me as if my brain does not work like it used to. I find it hard to study and recall things and sometimes (alot...

Crystal meth and pregnancy [ 17 Answers ]

I was just wondering about the effects on a unborn child if the FATHER was/is an addict?? I wanted to know what, if any side effects a child could have if he used. I'm clean and have never used before, and never would!! Also, this may be a stupid question but does it have any effects on me?? We...

Natural detox [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what type of food you can eat for a natural detox.

View more questions Search