Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terryb646 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 01:21 PM
    How do I raise the existing main clean-out pipe extension?
    I want to raise the vertical pipe that extends from my main sewer clean out pipe.
    Can I do this myself and what do I need? It is now located at ground level and I want to raise it up so it will be easier to find and easier for the plumber to find when it needs cleaned out.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 9, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb646
    I want to raise the vertical pipe that extends from my main sewer clean out pipe.
    Can I do this myself and what do I need? It is now located at ground level and I want to raise it up so it will be easier to find and easier for the plumber to find when it needs cleaned out.
    Hey terry,
    Easy fix! I'm assuming the pipe's 4".
    Purchase a 4" cleanout, (see image) and some 4" PVC in the length you desire to raise it. Also 2 No-Hub Bands, (see image).
    Simply remove the old clean out and using the No-Hub Bands connect everything up as high as you want to raise it. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding A Cantilever Extension To An Existing Deck [ 1 Answers ]

I think I made a mistake when I tried to post this the first time so I apologize in advance for any duplicate. I would like to add a 2' cantilevered extension to an existing deck which is 9 1/2' wide, 45' long and 4' ~ 10' of the ground. The builder attached a 2" x 10" ledger to the cottage,...

Locating main drain clean out [ 3 Answers ]

I am on city water and swear. Don't know how old ouse is, how do I find out ? What city department keeps the recors of where the main dran is?

Main clean stuck [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a 1963 houes with 4 stacks and each with a clean out. The prior owner obviously never used the clean outs because they have 3 layers of paint on them. I am unable to open any of the clean outs and I have two drains that will not empty on the first floor. Any trick besides brunt force to...

Raise closet flange on cast iron pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new hardwood floor in my bathroom and a new wc. The waste line is cast iron. What is the simplest way to raise the flange the 3/4" (I think) to accommodate the new floor? Thanks Steve

Main Clean Out in Very Old Michigan Home [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I just moved into a very old (1929) Tudor in Michigan and, as part of my yearly maintenance, wanted to have the main sewer line cleaned out/inspected. (I have very large old trees in the front yard and am concerned about the roots.) The plumber who arrived yesterday could not find it -- he...

View more questions Search