Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samarah waters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Preparing general journals and posting journals to general ledgers
    I am having trouble in preparing general journal entries and posting journals to general ledgers if anyone could give me advice or some tips that would be great
    lorina_m_allmon Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Aug 1, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Journals provide chronological record of all economic events affecting a firm. Each journal entry is expressed in terms of equal debits and credits to accounts effected by the transaction being recorded. Debits and credits represent increases or decreases to specific accounts, depending on the type of account. For example, for credit sales, a debit to accounts receivable and a credit to sales revenue is recorded in a sales journal.
    fahad ahmad Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2008, 04:07 AM
    Jurnal is a day book it is use to record all business transactions it is also call accent to ledger and chronological book
    maasri78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 03:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samarah waters
    i am having trouble in preparing general journal entries and posting journals to general ledgers if anyone could give me advice or some tips that would be great
    What is the purpose journal postings in accounts
    mirmadad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samarah waters View Post
    i am having trouble in preparing general journal entries and posting journals to general ledgers if anyone could give me advice or some tips that would be great
    As I'm also not that much familiar with that but still I can over come I'm graduate just I also have many quries just I came across when I was searching regard accounts something new
    See just one basic thing in journals is that
    Remember THREE TYPES OF ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES
    REAL A/C
    PERSONAL A/C
    NOMINAL
    LIKE DEBIT THE RECEIVER
    CREDIT THE GIVER
    DEBIT WHAT COMES IN
    CREDIT WHAT GOES OUT
    DEBIT EXP AND LOSSES
    CREDIT INCOMES AND GAINS
    ON THIS BASIS IF ANY PURCHASING MADE
    JUST THINK THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF A/C
    PURCHASEING & CASH

THROUGH PURCHASING WE R GETTING IT IS Coming
    DEBIT WHAT COMES IN PERSONAL A/C
    CASH IS GOING OUT IT IS REAL A/C CREDIT WHAT GOES OUT
    BY
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:11 PM

You post to your acocunts so you can keep track of your account balances.
    sharker Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 01:31 AM
    You need to learn how journal entries is prepared:
    For example when asset or expenses increases, it will be debited by that amount,
    When asset or expenses decreases, it will be credited by that amount and

When revenue/income or retained earnings or equity or capital increases it will be credited by that amount and
    When revenue/income or retained earnings or equity or capital decreases it will be debited by that amount.
    You need to go through a principles of accounting of up to date to learn Journal entries and ledger and you may go to a experienced and professional accountant to consult your problem. It will be more easy to follow your previous colleague who worked in the same desk. Thanks
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2012, 02:13 AM
    Lets' get back to basics

A ledger is a record of transactions
    A journal is the way transactions are recorded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

Posting journals [ 1 Answers ]

An invoice to an agent for $40 for copies should be recorded in what journal first.

General journals [ 3 Answers ]

P5-9A. At the beginning of the current season on April 1, the ledger of Fairway Pro Shop showed Cash $2,500; Merchandise Inventory $3,500; and Common Stock $6,000. These transactions occurred during April 2007. Apr. 5 Purchased golf bags, clubs, and balls on account from Kokott Co....

View more questions Search