Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troubled_mother Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2006, 09:51 AM
    My son says he see's monsters in the house.
    I am a mother of three boys, and a step mother to a girl. My husband has had our home for over ten years, but it was built in the 1970's. Our children's ages are 9, 8, 7, and just turned 3. About 4 years ago things began to happen. It first started with my oldest son who was 5 at the time, he constantly came to my husband and I to ask "Did yall call me?" But we had not. He swore he heard a voice calling his name. (As far as I know my step daughter who is now 8 has not experienced any strange activity, nor my second son who is now 7. ) My oldest son has not heard any thing in the past year now.

There were many things that happened since the birth of my three year old. There were battery opperated toys which had new batteries, and turned off, that began to creep me out. One frog said "PEEK A BOO, I SEE YOU" Well I threw it away after about two months. This also triggers a memory of another toy I had forgotton about prior to my last pregnancy. There was an Elmo giggle doll in the closet of the little bedroom. It would start in the middle of the night , just giggling, over and over, as if someone was playing with it. We would get up out of bed to see who was not sleeping, only find everyone sleeping just like they should. Then it started doing it in the middle of the day, when the older children were in school. I gave Elmo to my guard dog. He was very upset with Elmo. He barked vishously and tore his stuffing out within seconds. I gathered up elmo's remains, and tossed it in the garbage.

One night about three years ago, we thought someone had broken into the house when we heard a loud shatter. My husband grabbed his gun, and I had a bat. We nearly ran over each other and almost pushed each other down to get down the hall into the kitchen. We found my coffee cup holder empty of all the cups. This cup holder was tightly screwed into the wall, and was not weak or loose. It was still attached to the wall, but all my coffee cups were in the floor. All but one was shattered. These were my grandmothers fireking collection.

A little over three years ago, we began to expand the house a little with our new addition to the family on the way. We took the closet out of the little room for starters. Immediately afterwards, and quite often, ever since then, I feel like I am pushed in the back, or grabbed by the ankle, or pushed into the door knob of this room only. I usually fall into the knob resulting in a bruise on my arm, although I have fallen flat on my face in the hall. It is always at the same spot. No were else in or out of the house.

After we added three rooms to the side of the house, I was in the middle room, which is directly across the hall from the little room earlier mentioned. There were stuffed Tweety Bird dolls hanging on the far wall. One day while in that room, I had turned my back to that wall and made my way to the door, about ten feet away, when all of a sudden, BLAM, the biggest Tweety Bird doll had been thrusted up against my back quite hard. Had it just fallen off the wall it would have just hit the floor, not flown across the room and slammed into my back. I locked the door , and refused to go in that room for three days.

Which brings me to the creepy part that has now labeled me as troubled mother. My little one, just turned three yesterday, and he is very scared. When he was small, and sleeping in his crib, he would wake up in the morning with scratches all over his body. I know that babies do scratch themselves to the point of having bloody scratch marks, but not like this. He had them on his back, stomach, arms, legs and face. He was also in a sleeper outfit which he could not undo.

When he turned one, we put him in a toddler bed. Each night, he would come to our room around one or two oclock in the morning, crying , and insist on sleeping with us. After he would fall asleep, we would put him back in his bed, but when we woke up the next morning, he was in our bed again.

Just over a year ago, my father in law passed away. It's true that we have been known to butt heads before, but I knew he meant well, and there is no doubt he loved all of the children. Since his death, I was taking pictures of the kids in the yard, and in some of the pictures of just the baby, there are white orbs. My small son looking at these pictures on my computer said THAT's POPPA. So I know there is at least one good spirit hanging around.

Now for the part that my son is scared. He is always scared to go into certain rooms, or walk through the house without me or his daddy right beside him. He says there is a monster. A black monster. There is also a blue monster and a red one. The black one scares him the most. One day just last week, when we arrived home, he did not want to get out of the car. I had opened my door, and he said the black monster was standing right there. He would not let me take his seat belt off his car seat until I beet up the monster. When it was gone, he was o.k. He keeps telling me that he shoots the monster, or he wants daddy to shoot the monster, to make it go away. It always seems to come back... now it is several times a day every day.

I am worried for my son and his sanity. Does he really see the monsters, or is it his imagination, or is there a medical condition, or is he clairvoient. I really need some help on this matter, and any input any one has, would be greatly appreciated. You may email me at [email protected] Thanks for reading my story.
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

May 10, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Hello Troubled Mother,

WoW! There certainly appears to be some strange happenings in your home which need a lot of further investigation.

I must say that I am not an expert in the paranormal, neither am I believer or disbeliever. I am very open minded.

From the incidents you describe of objects moving of their own accord or turning themselves on/off, it suggests the possibility of the presence of a poltergeist. This is a German word (polter - noisy or mischievous and geist - ghost)

I believe a poltergeist is not actually associated with a ghost as such, more the manifestation caused by a human. Often the person who is responsible for the manifestation is not aware that they are causing it and often a child can be the catalyst. Normally this passes after a while and things get back to normal.

I believe poltergeists are effectively invisible. If this is the case what your youngest son is experiencing does not suggest poltergeist activity because he says he can see apparitions.

From the way I read your post, I am also assuming that the unexplained moving of objects etc have now stopped. If this is the case I believe this may bear out the fact that your first son may have been the subject of poltergeist activity.

Children do have very vivid imaginations and this could be him using this. Equally children are very susceptible to many things which are less evident when they grow up.

What concerns me greatly is the way your son ended up with the scratches. It is very doubtful that he managed to do this himself. I know if this happened to my son, I would want to know how and why it happened. If it was caused by a malevolent entity, the more quick it is dealt with the better.

There are a number of things you can do.

1) Try to find out as much as you can about the history of the house. This includes the surrounding area and what the house was built on.

2) Contact an organization which deals with Psychical Research. Be very careful though, there are a lot of charlatans out there so choose them carefully.

3) I do not know what your religious beliefs are but I do know that the Roman Catholic Church does have a branch which deals with this kind of thing. It may not do any harm to contact an RC Priest and ask if he can help you in anyway. Or if he can put you into contact with those that do.

4) This is obviously extremely worrying for you and I am concerned about your health and for the health of your family if these problems are not identified and resolved.

There has to be a reason for what is happening in your home and it is very important to try to get to the bottom of it as quickly as possible.

Thankfully no one in your family has been seriously hurt by what is happening, so try to remember that.

I truly hope I have been of some help to you and wish you the very best and I pray for a very quick solution.

Cy
    (Poseidon)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2006, 07:56 PM
    I will never put anything past possible.

The house we lived in in Atlanta, I used to see ( physcially see) books and other items fly off the desk, not just fall but fly across the room, also things off the fireplace.

We have a shadow that passed the front window all the time, no one on the porch.

We had a smell of pipe smoke at a certain time on many days.

And we even had to turn off our security motion detectors at night because the one in the room where the desk was, would go off every night.

So yes, I would take it seriously. Perhaps set up a video camera on him all night and see what you find
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 11, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by troubled_mother
    I am worried for my son and his sanity. Does he really see the monsters, or is it his imagination, or is there a medical condition, or is he clairvoyant. I really need some help on this matter, and any input any one has, would be greatly appreciated. You may email me at [email protected] Thanks for reading my story.
    I have had my share of such experiences, such as music CDs flying off shelves that Fr_Chuck mentioned. As a Christian of course, I believe that the cause of many of these manifestations are evil spirits called demons. Mentioning God's name has been very helpful for persons who have been the target of demonic attacks.

But of course not all things have to be demons. There are illnesses such as cause to neurotransmitter imbalances in the brain. So taking your kids to a medical doctor is the wise thing to do. You should have one as well to be on the safe side. If indeed there is no illness involved then there are certain measures you might want to take.

Hallucinations
    ... certain potent types of marijuana, may cause hallucinations. Hallucinations related to... There are numerous medical and psychiatric causes of hallucinations. Common causes include...
    Hallucinations

The practice of spiritism has been closely linked to such manifestations. So if anyone is practicing any type of spiritism it should stop. That includes going to spirit mediums, reading books on the occult, or playing such supposedly innocent games like Ouija. If the board is in your house remove it. Such activities and objects have been found to be closely linked to the things you mention. They seem to offer a gateway of sorts for some reason.

The Ouija Board
    The Ouija Board. A group of children are sitting around a Ouija Board in a room. Suddenly, they become aware of an evil presence. One of them gasps, pointing at a crack in the cupboard of a door.. . even non-Christians and those who are actively involved in the occult, recognize the dangers of the Ouija board...
    The Ouija Board

BTW
    You mention a frog?
    The serpent that spoke in Eden was being used as a puppet.
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Jun 3, 2006, 09:22 PM
    As a spirit remover I often find the adults first contact was as a child. Spirits that have not gone to the light attach themselves to children as they can not protect themselves. The first part of your story with the self activating dolls does sound like a good spirit guide around, except that dog barked at it.
    Most children have the sight of seeing spirits and ghosts and start losing it around the age 7yrs. Personally I would take he's comments seriously and don't make him do what he doesn't want to. Encourage him to stand up to these entities, by using a magical sword that Archangel Michael has given him and even some kung fu won't go astray. I encourage adults to put there hand up like a stop sign and say "step back now" and stand your ground and not allowing them to take another step closer.
    I explain more on my site if your interested
    Homecoming
    Spiritremoval.com
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 18, 2007, 06:02 PM
    I'm going to play the role of the skeptic here. I'm open minded about paranormal phenomena, but nothing you have said makes me think you should be worried, and absolutely nothing sounds like proof of poltergeists or anything of that sort. Both of my older children had phases where they were scared of monsters they claimed they saw. It's perfectly normal at that age. I'm no therapist, so I don't want to pretend to be an expert, but the best think that I know of that you can do is to simply be supportive. Look around for the monsters for him, let him sleep with you when he needs to, but whatever you do, don't make a big deal out of this. If he sees that you are scared (remember, you're the parent--at his age, you should be an all powerful figure of protection in his mind) it will make his ordeal even worse.

I'll put this to you another way: if you really do have a spirit bothering you (and I don't think you do) then you need to show it you're not afraid of it. This will either force it to A) leave you alone or B) escalate things so you can have a more definitive experience to point to to help you determine the proper course of action.

I've had a couple of experiences that I've thought might be paranormal myself. Giving into the fear gives the experience power over you. One time, I felt that I was being physically attacked, and I couldn't move afterwards for an hour. I started imagining every time that I felt a presence that I was surrounded by a shield of energy (if you're religious, consider asking God to protect you) and you know what? It worked! A few times I thought it was fighting my protection, and I imagined another field around it, which I banished. I don't know to this day if this was real, or all in my head, but by being strong and not allowing the fear to overcome me, I emerged victorious.

Regardless of what you decide to do about your problem, remember that you must let your son think no matter what that he is safe when you are around. I promise you that this will help him. You might even encourage him to yell at the monsters to go away. Make him think he has power over them as well. If these phenomena are real, I really do think that the mind has enormous effect on them. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck, stay strong!
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 18, 2007, 06:59 PM
    In response to Jesushelper76, I believe I offered several "real" solutions, and I'm really trying to be helpful here. So if I've offended anyone, I apologize, but I would also ask that people read my post all the way through before responding.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Your son may be sensitive to energy within the house. Anything is possible. I've had countless things happen to me from a kid to a now adult. I think the important thing is not to be fearful and feed into negative energy. Have more balance in your life, spend more time with nature.
    u2227 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Are you fine now after 3 years?
    Yes those are poor souls in your house.
    Never leave your children alone when they are in fear even if they fell asleep.
    Notice that your children feel safer when you "beat the demon", this is a sign of your power.
    Laser ray of your attention is stronger than a gun against such souls, you do not even need to beat them, just mutter to them in a commanding voice.
    You need to listen to the music that makes you cry. When the sparkles start running up and down your spine just before the first tear drop in a corner of your eye your aura starts to shine like a rising sun, casting all poor souls away.
    Those souls are fighting you and scaring you only while your heart is seen like a hot shining star in their dark cold world. Once they manage to shut down your heart shining they become your friends and make you rich.
    Spent more time meditating, praying or just reading books in every room of your house. This is your territory, you have to fill it with your presence. So that when a child enters a room, he feels you are there.
    Gently touch or even kiss every thing in your house thinking "this will do no harm, this is a friend of mine".

Now the child. When anything like that happens and child comes to you talking about scary things, use your imagination better to come up with at least 20 questions or better 100. Keep asking questions. Did you see a monster? What was it like? Did it have ears? Did it have eyes? Was it bigger than a microwave oven? Was it blue or red? Was it sitting or standing? Was it above you or beneath you? Did it have friends? What did the monster think and what was you thinking? Did yous see this monster before? How many times?
    Do not be afraid to come up with questions until the end of the day. Child should feel your presence in his life, and his life is his inner life. You need to make up a good connection with the imagination of your own baby.
    MBCoggins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
    I just read this whole story and I am curious as to how things are today... Are you still having the same issues or have things quieted down figuring the children are all older now since so much time has passed. I am a believer in the paranormal and sometimes have my own weird feelings. Mostly I think that my "feelings" are being manifested by myself because I actually have a hunger for the paranormal. I would like to see a ghost but feel that society dumbs our brains down so much that adults don't have the ability to see or feel these kinds of things. My 3 year old is afraid sometimes and says he sees monsters too. I have actually tried burning sage and smudging the house asking the dirty or dark spirits to leave. I was raised a Catholic but don't attend church anymore. I know who my savior is and do ask for his protection. I also believe in demonic possession and the existence of demons in our world. They feed on our fear so as long as you know who your savior is and that he will protect you you should be all right.

Hope to hear back because I am curious.
    Cheers :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of 80s puppet movie about monsters [ 8 Answers ]

This movie was my fave as a kid but I don't know its name. A dude gets married and the honeymoon is to this island resort run by monsters. The characters are all really cool puppets and the island is dark with a castle like hotel. The only detail I remember is a hunch-back concierge who is in...

Getting house in my name [ 5 Answers ]

My mother's mom has been deceased since 1985 and my mother has been paying the mortgage but house is still in her mom's name. How does my mom get house in her name instead?

Well to House [ 2 Answers ]

My well is about 75 yards from my house, I used 2 inch pipe to go from my well to the house, I have water pressure that will almost take the skin off your hand at the pump and outside before the house. But inside my water pressure is low, the water leaves the pump bladders I have two and goes...

Who gets the house [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got married (year ago). However I bought my house when I was single about 5 years ago. If I decide to divorce my husband does he have any rights to my house if I decide to sell? He is not on my deed.

House [ 1 Answers ]

If you file for bankruptcy can you lose your home

View more questions Search