Ask
    Jordanab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2006, 02:05 AM
    Clients needed for new salon
    How do I get more clients into my new salon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Advertise. Offer discounts for new customers.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 07:29 AM
    HI,
    As the previous answer stated, advertise in your local paper. Take out an ad, and you could even offer a "coupon" in the paper, to be cut out, brought in for their first visit, with something like "30% off" for the first time.
    If you have a local radio station, maybe they have a segment during the day for free advertising! Call them.
    Best of luck.
    Jordanab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Desperate to get Clients into my hair and beauty salon.
    I have opened the biggest hair and beauty salon in my county, and now am struggling to get clients through the door. I need as much advice and tips as possible. I have tried advertising in the local papers offering discounts, but its just not enough. Really need to make this work. The marketing needs to be great and cheap preferably.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
    One that worked in my county was a salon offered free cuts for cancer victims going through chemo who have not yet lost their hair. They called the local paper and the event was featured on the front page of the edition. This salon is now booming!!

May 10, 2006, 10:39 AM
    Sponsor local sports teams, especially female teams. J9's suggestion about doing something to get free publicity is good.

One of your problems is that most people like to stick with someone they know does their hair the way they like it. So getting people to switch may be difficult. Growing your business is going to be slow. Be on the lookout for other shops closing and hiring their staff who will bring their customers with them. See if you can find out when people move into your area and target them with mailings.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2006, 10:57 AM
    You can try going to a local chamber of commerce or a local government agency in your area and get addresses, not names, of people who have moved to your county recently and do a bulk mail with coupons to those addresses too.

May 11, 2006, 06:19 AM
    Another thought that occurred to me was offering a referral bonus to current customers. If an existing customer brings in a referral, they get a free or discounted service. I would put a condition of at least two visits for the referral before the referree gets the bonus.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

May 11, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Yes, referrals work very well, I am in sales, and referalls is our primary source for new business customers. I have found that giving customers money off coupons works well. Also, how about a club card. Have a card that customers can punch every time they get a haircut, and when they have gotten 5 or 10, they get one free. Or, for people like me who get color and cut, and spend over $50. Each time, you could have a card where there is like for example, 10 punches that say $50. On them, and when they spend all 10 punches, they get $50. Off their next time coming in. You have to figure out a way this would work for you, and what your primary customers will be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Way to market a Hair Salon [ 10 Answers ]

I really need help with my Hair Salon. I am located in a shopping center and I purchased a business that originally was a barber shop then a unisex salon. I would like to change this image and make it a hair design salon. I have had the salon for three years and have kept the same name that the...

Contract for renting a room in salon [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I wonder if anyone can help, I am a self employed beautician who at the moment rents a room and has profit share in a local beauty salon. My problem is this... At this time I pay a rent of £25.00 per week to the salon owner plus I give her 55% of all moneys I take. This is what I and...

Bringing customers to my Hair Salon [ 2 Answers ]

My hair salon has been opened for a year. I NEED HELP!!!!!!! BRING IN NEW CUSTOMERS. I am also having a problem attracting new stylists; most of the stylists i have had have been very young and not dependable. I need help fast, like yesterday. I need cheap ways to advertise. I've handed out...

Internet clients knowing where to put things [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to setup when a user downloads something the internet client looks at the extension and opens the right folder it is I want it to go in? After I setup the settings of what I need to use or change.

Salon politics [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a very small salon and there are 4 other women in the salon besides me and my boss. I have always thought that we were all like a big family and today I called to see how many clients I had for tomarrow and one of the women there informed me that my boss (my friend) had a heart atack and...

View more questions Search