Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidsettlage Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 06:49 PM
    GE side by side refrig - door handle is off at the bottom
    How can I fix the door handle at the bottom - it has come off the screw that holds it and I don't see how to get to it to try to fix - it's a GE model gsh25sgpc

Thanks for your help
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Is the screw hanging in the door or the handle?

Jul 30, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Hanging in the door - the hole in the handle appears to be stripped. Was thinking of trying a larger size screw... or maybe some liquid nails/glue to just get it attached good and tight again...

Other suggestions?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Is head of screw showing, sheet metal screw or machine screw. Has the head of the screw pulled through handle? Post pic, having touble visulizing.

Jul 30, 2008, 07:12 AM
    The end of the machine screw is showing (head is in the door pointing outward from the backside of the front panel) - the hole on the handle appears to be stripped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Water is not dispensed from my GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser. And, the Ice maker makes ice but it will not dispense from my GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser. I have installed a new water filter cartridge. I have turned off power to refrigerator and restored it w/i a...

Location of drain in ge profile side by side refrig [ 2 Answers ]

Troubleshooting section of manual (Model TPX2 4PRYFBB) sites "drain in bottom of freezer clogged" as possible cause of "water on kitchen floor or on bottom of the freezer." Nothing in manual, however, on location of drain or how to clean. I see no evidence of drain anywhere. Can you tell me...

1998 Toyota Camry inside door handle drivers side [ 6 Answers ]

The plastic trim frame around the door handle on my 1998 Toyota Camry is cracked. How big of a repair/replacement job is it

Whirlpool side by side with water leak in freezer door [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side by side with water and ice in the door. There is water seeping from the door into the bottom of the freezer side. About every week or so it is built up enough that it leaks out onto the floor. I remove the ice block that has formed in the bottom of the freezer and the cycle...

View more questions Search