Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patbobjo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Toilet Noise
    My toilet makes a sound almost like an air raid siren when I flush it. I recently unblocked a clog, and now I have this funny noise. Otherwise, it flushes just fine. This is a toilet located on the second floor of my house.:confused: Please e-mail me: [email protected]
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Hello pathobjo,

Where was the clog that you unbloked it ?

Your problem may be the S/O valve or the fill valve, also if you tell us which on of the ballcock do you have inside the water tank see the pictures, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

patbobjo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 11:10 AM
    My toilet looks like the 2nd image on your answer.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Your problem is very easy, first change the angle valve under the toilet tank if that would not stop noise then change the whole Ballcock, to change the angle valve you need to shut off the water to the angle valve, to change the Ballcock you need to close the angle valve,if you need more help please let us know, good luck

John
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Hello patbobjo,

Before you replace any think do the following and try if cures your problem.

Shut off the water at the angle stop, remove the tank lid and remove the three screws on top of the ballcock pull the float ball and stem and washer assembly up and out, Pry the washer out with a flat screw driver and turn it over. With the ballcock still open, slightly turn on the water to flush the supply out, good luck.

John
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Sorry didn't finish, after flushing the supply reassemble the ballcock and check if it work, Thanks.

John
    Nick Hachey Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Or you could just go buy the $8 FluidMaster 400A fill valve down at HomeDepot and change the whole thing out in 3 minutes. Problem solved don't get me wrong Afaroo definitely knows what he's talking about, but its just as easy to put in brand new one and less confusing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Noise [ 12 Answers ]

One of our toilets makes a loud noise, which seems to be coming from the pipes. It kind of sounds like there may be air or that the water is having trouble getting through the pipes. The noise starts once the tank is about half empty. Any ideas?

Toilet noise [ 3 Answers ]

When the toilet is flushed there is a terrible loud noise... I think that it might be air in the pipes. How do I fix this? Thanks, mwellbourne

Toilet noise [ 4 Answers ]

When I flush the bowl empties and then right at that point it gurgles and bubbles loudly then fills normally this is a downstairs toilet upstairs is fine were on a well + septic water is mineral rich (gypsum mainly) any ideas? Thanks

Toilet Noise! [ 3 Answers ]

Help. Before I call the plumber, can anyone tell me why, after flushing the toilet, it has begun to take longer, when it is refilling, to stop making the noise that it does? I don't know how to explain it... it is not a huge noise, but just that it has begun to now take a long time to stop, not...

Toilet noise [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet bowl has suddenly started making noise. Every few minutes, it makes a clicking noise. The noise sounds kind of like a kernel of popcorn has popped. What could cause this and what can I do to fix it? Thanks.:)

View more questions Search