Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Britalian Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Worst Loss of Life at Sea
    Although ships like Titanic, Lusitania, etc are better known, I believe the single worst loss of life at sea was a German ocean liner near the end of world war II. Does anyone know the name of this vessel, and where it occurred?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 08:17 PM
    "The sinking of the Wilhem Gustloff ranks as probably the largest loss of life in a single sinking in maritime history." See: Wilhelm Gustloff (ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 08:23 PM
    America's worst
    worst ship disaster

Memory, Down with the Ship -- In These Times
    The worst maritime disaster in world history was the subject of a 1959 German film called Night Fell Over Gotenhafen. “Banned in the East,” Grass explains
    www.inthesetimes.com/article/94/ - 37k --the link would not open for me.

http://www.geocities.com/freepagesfree/disasters.htm
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 26, 2008, 08:24 PM
    The name of the ship was the Wilhelm Gustloff. It was sunk by the Russians in 1945 in the Baltic Sea. For more information, see the Wikipedia article here:

Wilhelm Gustloff (ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 26, 2008, 08:25 PM
    :-( aww too late

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worst Foods ever [ 71 Answers ]

Worst Food - Spam What do you think is a waste of space in the supermarket? :D

Worst b-day of my life [ 63 Answers ]

Today is my birthday and I feel like dying... My ex text me to wish me happy birthday and its killing me... I spent my last birthday with him... I feel so bad... I hate him so much... I wish I could forget him... OMG I don't know what to do anymore:(

Worst rat of anyone's life! Need HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Soooo... Recently I had brain surgery and when I woke up from the anesthesia my hair (which is down to butt) was in this horrendous rat. I can't even fit a finger through it it's so tight. Anyway now that the situation has been explained, do any of you know any good hair solutions for this...

A path of destruction:worst life [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Naomi, I am 15 years old. My mother is strung out of drugs, she smokes a lot of weed, sleeps around and all. I was molested when I was 12 by her boyfriend. Ever since then I been living a life of destruction. I got drunk, high, slept around,had sex with men at any age, sneaked out the...

Three worst artists [ 110 Answers ]

Name the three worst artists you know. 1.Sheryl Crow 2.Lindsay Lohan 3.Paris Hilton Come on people Paris Hilton is so ghey. :(

View more questions Search