Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babbaloo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 08:06 AM
    How to get my ex girlfriend back
    I met this woman in a cool way, we hit it off right away, loved all the same things, did things together, and she started to talk about how I was the one for her. 3 months in She shared some information with me about her past, stuf that isn't really that bad in hindsight, (although she did lie)but I took poorly. I couldn't get over it for about 2 or 3 weeks. For the next 3 months things were different. I tried my best to move past it, and on my part I did, but she couldn't help but have doubts. I am 35, she 32. I understand she wants to find the right person for her, as do I, but all indications are that we are perfect. She kept acting weird although in a sense she was getting more effectionate... until we had a "chat".. very peaceful, but I couldn't take it any more and said we're done. We have kept in contact, have hung out some, but she keeps me at bay. The truth is I am crazy about her, I'm not psychotic about it, but I still do some little things... leave flowers I've picked on her car, send cute txt messages... we went to the drive through (I tried to kiss her after but got denied.. ouch! ) we have lunch... and she seems as if she is coming around. I don't know if we are "friends", if she is trying to work through it to get back together... when I ask, (which was only once) she says "I don't want to talk about it". Anyone know what the hell is going on? Or what I should do? We are so great together.. and not in a gooey needy way... she acts like she is warming back up to me... but keeps her distance. It's driving me insane...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 08:11 AM
    She is keeping her distance because she doesn't wish to pursue anything anymore. You broke up with her, but now you want her back? She doesn't want her heart treated as a yo-yo. She was honest and upfront having a "peaceful" talk and you ended it? I know people on this board that would KILL to have their S/O sit down calmly and talk.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum and start no contact with her. She sounds like she has already moved on, now it's your turn.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
    It sounds like your still dating, but she is taking things real slow, and so should you. I think maybe things happened to fast, or to intense, and she is giving you, and her an opportunity to regroup. Respect that, and don't push. How old is this relationship now??

Jul 25, 2008, 09:43 AM
    We started dating in January. The first three months were indeed intense. Thanks for that evaluation, it seems like we are still dating, but we 're not... it's weird. I have the typical feeling that she is using me to bide her time while she looks around.

Jul 27, 2008, 06:51 PM
    So, I suggested going for arunn two days ago, she took me up on it. We hung out at her house for an hour until it stopped raining. We went for a run, then tlaked for another hour. I left without asking for a hug.. for the first time. I got a text on the way home saying thanks for running with her. When we talked, she mentioned I talk about myself a lot, and that I didn't know her sis in law had cancer. I'm thinking that's a signal? Haha. She also mentioned she keeps in mind the reality she may never have a family some day (of course in context.). I'm getting mixed signals... or am I? Can anyone decipher?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know if my ex-girlfriend wants to come back to me? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know what signs I need to recognize if my ex-girlfriend is thinking about getting back to me, or at least still keeps me around as a friend after we had been together for about a year.

How to get my girlfriend back [ 8 Answers ]

All right well here it goes. Broke up with my girlfriend of almost a year to a little more then weeks ago. She said I didn't show enough emotion towards here like bring her out with my friends and public affection but she was all right with it for 10 months and she knew that wasn't my style. 1st...

How to get back my ex girlfriend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've just been dumped by my girlfriend of 9 years, we've never really separated before, she was at first telling me that she needed a time out and that she didn't know what she wanted anymore but I received a text message about 1 week ago telling me it was over and to move on, we've seen each...

Need help getting my ex girlfriend back [ 4 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend broke up like 2 months ago, at first I was her little pet I will admit, we just hung out and we went from sex to kisses on the cheeks, pitiful I know... but I decided to ignore her for a week, and she then started talking about she needs me in her life but she doesn't...

View more questions Search