Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pigmented Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Hydroquinone higher percent than 4%
    I have SEVERE hyperpigmentation from a tca peel I done last summer

Jan of this year I started using hydroquioine as I tried everything else and nothing worked but the hydro I use the oabag serum... I was reading about the kilgmans forumla 5% hydro amongst other things including retin a and a steroid

As I have reached a plateau in my skin lightening I want to up the dosage to a 5% I read that severe pigmentation with a higher increase can be gone in 4 weeks

I know where to get the hydroquinoine powder but wanted to know if anyone has had any success with adding the powder into serums etc or if anyone has used a higher %
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pigmented
    I have SEVERE hyperpigmentation from a tca peel last summer i started using hydroquioine this year as i tried everything else and nothing worked but the hydro i use the oabag serum ....i was reading about the kilgmans forumla 5% hydro amongst other things including retin a and a steroid

as i have reached a plateau in my skin lightening i want to up the dosage to a 5% i read that severe pigmentation with a higher increase can be gone in 4 weeks

I know where to get the hydroquinoine powder but wanted to know if anyone has had any success with adding the powder into serums etc or if anyone has used a higher %

I used 4% by prescription, compounded by my Pharmacist, to fade a deep red scar - it was very irritating but worked in a very short period. Mine also contained a sunscreen - spf 40.

Jul 5, 2008, 09:54 AM
    The area I'm treating is on my body away from the sun some I'm not worried about that... and I'm in the uk we don't have compounding chemist here and we don't hae much sun either lol!

I tried to get in touch with some chemist but they can't do anything overseas

Jul 6, 2008, 05:21 AM
    Come on I can't believe on a site where people are using monobenzone there isn't anyone out there who knows how to compound a higher percent of Hydroquinone (sigh)
    traygeaux Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 11:54 PM
    OK... I've been lurking on this site a couple weeks now... seeing your post finally convinced me to sign up and contribute...

My skin is highly prone to hyperpigmentation... it can be from a mosquito bite, a tiny cut that heals, a scrape, a burn, acne, WHATEVER... it all seems to leave me w/ dark spots...

I had moderate acne on my back, but I finally found the right routine and it's completely clear of acne now... however, every time I got acne on my back, regardless of how tiny or large the spot was, it left a dark mark behind that would take months to clear... combine that w/ always having at least a couple spots at a time, and it results in having a back full of dark spots...

I'm also tend to have the same problem with my face, but I find that hyperpigmentation there fades much more quickly...

I went to a dermatologist a couple of weeks ago and she had a cream compounded for me w/ 10% hydroquinone, 2.5% kojic acid, and cortisone cream...

LOL I know that sounds crazy dangerous right? I searched ALL OVER the internet... I'm talking hours and hours at a time for days... and I COULD NOT find anything about so strong of a mixture... most people see to freak out about 4% hydroquinone, and the truth is I had been using that every day for 2 months prior to getting the cream I have now...

I've been applying the 10% hydroquinone mixture twice a day (morning and before bed)... in the morning when I know I'll be walking all over campus to classes, I use 70 SPF for my face and 85 SPF for my back... my derm also prescribed me desonide lotion to help w/ irritation... sometimes I skip applying the cream once a day if my skin seems to be a bit irritated at the time... but that usually only happens maybe once or twice a week...

I've been using it like this for about 3 weeks now... it's definitely made some huge improvements... it's not an instant miracle cream though... those marks aren't COMPLETELY GONE, but they are faint enough to say (as an educated guess) that I think I will be able to completely get rid of these dark spots in about 6 weeks time... they seem to be at a point now where you can't tell that it's there if I have makeup on...

I'm using a new acne prescription right now and it causes an initial breakout, so it's kind of hard to tell because I've gotten a couple new spots, but I can definitely say that the spots I started with have improved about 60% in these first three weeks... my overall skin color has lightened a good bit and my skin is so radiant!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pigmented
    the area im treating is on my body away from the sun some im not worried about that......and im in the uk we dont have compounding chemist here and we dont hae much sun either lol!

I tried to get in touch with some chemist but they can't do anything overseas

Who prepares compounds in the UK? Pharmacists do it "here" all the time - wondered who would compound, for example, any kind of skin cream in the UK.

The sun block in my compound is because any light - not necessarily strong daylight - can lessen the effects of the compound.
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

Jul 17, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Thank you tray-your expereince with pigmentation sounds like mine in terms of any little cut leaving a mark... so annoying!

I found one site that says they say the kligmans blend I asked them if it's the 5% I know a lot of these site are so shady so I will have to see

I really don't know who to go to in the uk to compound things we just don't do it over here which again is so annoying!

I will just have to start making my own stuff

Jul 21, 2008, 01:30 PM
    pigmented was my username before I figured out my old password for nikki1000 sorry for the mix up lol

Yeah I know about the 4% I already use a obagi formula 4% but as I can't find what I'm looking for I'm going to compound my own I know where to buy what I want anyway and the site is reputable
    llyykasb1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 21, 2008, 01:46 PM
    What site is that?

Jul 21, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Gardenofwisdom they don't provide instructions on how to make a higher percentage as its illegal.. luckily I already know how
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Hii everyone

Nikki and trey your experience sounds like my life story, I have had the same expereince I am currently on accutaane because I am so fed up of my acne and no my derm would not prescribe the accutane for me she said that my acne was not sevear enough, believe me I HIGHLY disagreed with her.
    Anyhow I tried HQ for a few months with fantastic results I got a cream that they smuggled into Canada from west africa and they contain anywhere from 10-20% HQ. But I wanted a permanent fix, so now I am using MONO so far so good, I got a high yellow color on my face after 2 weeks of using mono then my face began to repig aggresivly, ohh I could have cried but now I am clearing or should I say lightening up nicely. My chest and neck are high yello and I am waiting for the rest of my body to catch up.

Myy motivation for lightening and evening out my skin tone is because I plan on getting married within the next year and my back is filled WITH BLACK MARKS AND SPOTS FROM pimples, scratches, bug bites you name it they leave a mark on my skin. Anyhow I want a wedding dress with an open back its been my dream and I can't let my problematic skin get in the way.

But on a brighter side since taking the accutaane I have had about 4-5 pimples in the last3 months of treatment.

So now I am cleaning up the damage my acne left.

lighterrr

Jul 22, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr
    hii everyone

nikki and trey your experience sounds like my life story, i have had the same expereince i am currently on accutaane because i am so fed up of my acne and no my derm would not prescribe the accutane for me she said that my acne was not sevear enough, beleive me i HIGHLY disagreed with her.
    Anyhow i tried HQ for a few months with fantastic results i got a cream that they smuggled into Canada from west africa and they contain anywhere from 10-20% HQ. But i wanted a permanent fix, so now i am using MONO so far so good, i got a high yellow color on my face after 2 weeks of using mono then my face began to repig aggresivly, ohh i could have cried but now i am clearing or should i say lightening up nicely. my chest and neck are high yello and i am waiting for the rest of my body to catch up.

myy motivation for lightening and evening out my skin tone is because i plan on getting married within the next year and my back is filled WITH BLACK MARKS AND SPOTS FROM pimples, scratches, bug bites you name it they leave a mark on my skin. anyhow i want a wedding dress with an open back its been my dream and i can't let my problematic skin get in the way.

But on a brighter side since taking the accutaane i have had about 4-5 pimples in the last3 months of treatment.

so now i am cleaning up the damage my acne left.

lighterrr
    oh man... I feel for you I really do! I hope everything goes perfectly and you feel/look just as beautiful as you hope to on your wedding day!

I had problems with acne on my back, shoulders, and chest too which left a TON of hyperpigmentation... it's been clear for over 2 months now, and I am using the 10% hydroquinone, but it takes time... trying to be patient, but I'm getting there! =)
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Thanks trey

Jul 25, 2008, 07:35 AM
    No prob, lighterr ;)

Has anyone experienced any dermatitis from using hydroquinone? I was srsly peeling on my back near my armpits... I kept trying to moisturize it w/ lotion, but that wasn't helping it at all... I then tried aloe vera and that helped SO MUCH... I'm glad I solved that problem fast because if it were to keep peeling, it would start scabbing and would have caused MORE hyperpigmentation...

I'm just wondering if anyone had this problem and to what degree... and if it was a recurring problem, or just a temporary fling.

Jul 29, 2008, 03:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr
    hii everyone

nikki and trey your experience sounds like my life story, i have had the same expereince i am currently on accutaane because i am so fed up of my acne and no my derm would not prescribe the accutane for me she said that my acne was not sevear enough, beleive me i HIGHLY disagreed with her.
    Anyhow i tried HQ for a few months with fantastic results i got a cream that they smuggled into Canada from west africa and they contain anywhere from 10-20% HQ. But i wanted a permanent fix, so now i am using MONO so far so good, i got a high yellow color on my face after 2 weeks of using mono then my face began to repig aggresivly, ohh i could have cried but now i am clearing or should i say lightening up nicely. my chest and neck are high yello and i am waiting for the rest of my body to catch up.

myy motivation for lightening and evening out my skin tone is because i plan on getting married within the next year and my back is filled WITH BLACK MARKS AND SPOTS FROM pimples, scratches, bug bites you name it they leave a mark on my skin. anyhow i want a wedding dress with an open back its been my dream and i can't let my problematic skin get in the way.

But on a brighter side since taking the accutaane i have had about 4-5 pimples in the last3 months of treatment.

so now i am cleaning up the damage my acne left.

lighterrr

The dreaded spotted back I have that as well I have brought a jessner peel so I'm going to do that to see how that works on my back to get rid of the dark marks

I have the same type of skin that any little mark I get on my skin is there on my skin months after!
    So annoying I now use md forte glycolic it has 20% glycolic in it and it's the best I have found it really helps smooth out those marks

Jul 29, 2008, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by traygeaux
    no prob, lighterr ;)

has anyone experienced any dermatitis from using hydroquinone? i was srsly peeling on my back near my armpits...i kept trying to moisturize it w/ lotion, but that wasn't helping it at all...i then tried aloe vera and that helped SO MUCH...i'm glad i solved that problem fast b/c if it were to keep peeling, it would start scabbing and would have caused MORE hyperpigmentation...

i'm just wondering if anyone had this problem and to what degree...and if it was a recurring problem, or just a temporary fling.

You can get a hydrocortisone cream 1% that should calm the area down a lot

Jul 29, 2008, 03:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki1000
    you can get a hydrocortisone cream 1% that should calm the area down alot
    It has hydrocortisone cream in it.

Jul 29, 2008, 04:07 AM
    I didn't realise the cream you was using had it in it already sorry don't know of anything else
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 04:12 AM
    Hey nikki

Jessner peel what's that a the glycolic acid where do I get that also, please help

lighterrr

Jul 29, 2008, 04:40 AM
    Jessner peel is a meduim depth peel for hyperpigmentation sun damage etc I use glycolic but really wanted to try this one as I haven't used it before

There are a couple good places
    makeupartistchoice.com
    The Original Skin Store
    Jessner's Solution Chemical peel-Perfect Peel Solutions

The last two I mentioned have eBay accounts as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search