Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarafaith21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Tracing landline calls
    Is there any way to trace incoming and outgoing calls from a home phone? I called the phone company but they said that they can only release the records without a supena. I know there is caller ID but that is easily deleted from any phone.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Well you have the answer from the phone company.
    That's how it goes, so either get caller ID or take SERIOUS court action.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Without a subpoena or a caller ID there isn't anything you can do other than tell the phone company you are receiving harassing calls and they should change your phone # one time for free.
    Most likely with caller ID the problem is they will dial *69 to make the call show as U or P
    So the caller ID really isn't worth it for that reason
    tarafaith21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 01:59 PM
    My problem is that I think my husband is cheating and I believe the calls are being made from our home phone while I am at work but I have no proof
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 02:03 PM
    That would be impossible without a subpoena but nobody is going to grant a subpoena to find out about an adulterer. Your only hope is watch for more red flags and clues without letting him know you are onto him or hire a private detective.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
    I troubleshoot and fix things, don't like to cause problems within a home. Since I like providing solutions, If your place, install a phone manager, like a caller ID on steroids, but also logs outgoing digits, maybe 1500 incoming and 1000 outgoing calls. Also tells duration of call.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 05:48 PM
    I forgot too because I haven't had a home phone in forever
    But you can dial *69 and it will give you the last number that called unless they did the block
    And for outgoing calls you can hit redial but then you will get whoever answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use current landline but send and receive calls on my computer NOT VOIP [ 8 Answers ]

I want to connect my current phone service via my computer. I have a plan that allows free calls all over Australia so I want to use my current service provider and line but would like to use the PC as the handset I have ear problems which make using a handset or headset painful so using the...

Tracing private calls! [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to TRACE A PRIVATE PHONE CALL someone called my phone on the caller ID on my phone it showed up PRIVATE and I need to know who it was and their number so I need to know how to find this out!! ASAP

Tracing private calls [ 1 Answers ]

How would I trace calls which show up as Private calls on my landline

Tapped landline [ 24 Answers ]

OK only real genuine people respond please no time for joksters. Somehow my conversations are being heard on my landline phone. All my voicemail is being recorded also. I have had the phone company out, but they say the line is all right, really don't know if they are checking for tap or not. ...

Can landline calls appear on my computer? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Lately I ve been having some trouble with people calling me and hanging up. I don't have caller id on my landline telephone device so I though that it s a good idea to receive regular phone calls through my laptop computer. Is this possible? Thanks

View more questions Search