Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soulweaver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 04:00 PM
    16hp B&S Vanguard engine
    I have a 16hp B&S vanguard engine, no compression in left cylender. Would this be rings or Valves and can I find out withouy breaking the engine down ?

<moved>
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Absolutely no compression could be a stuck valve. To test rings pour a table spoon of 30W oil into the spark plug hole and take another test. If the compression comes back up it could be the rings, if no change at all you have valve troubles. Have you ever adjusted your valves and do you know the clearances?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 06:37 PM
    I would suspect the valves.
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Sounds like the Valves to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing starter moter on 16HP V-Twin vanguard engine [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Briggs and Stratton 16HP V-Twin OHV Vanguard Engine I am repairing. I am trying to replace the starter motor. . The bendix of the starter motor is plastic and has broken teeth and therefore does not engage with the main flywheel anymore. In order to accomplish this task I have stripped...

Briggs & Stratton 16hp vanguard [ 11 Answers ]

I have a simplicity mower (1998) with a 16hp vertical shaft vanguard v-twin engine (303777 1111-51). Yesterday, after running the mower with turbo bagger attachment (a little extra load on the engine), for about 20 minutes, I idled back the engine and it began belching large clouds of blue/white...

Vanguard 16hp fuel starvation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a problem with fuel starvation with my ride on mower only owned this machine 2 days collected it from last owner seen it running on day of purchase driving it into back of vehicle up some ramps mower cuts out will not start lift bonnet fuel level very low reach conclusion run out of...

B & S 16hp Vanguard [ 1 Answers ]

Need specs, mainly oil capacity.

16HP B&S Vanguard V Twin won't start [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My 16HP B&S Vanguard V Twin won't start. There was a thing with wires at the bottom of the carb, but when removing the carb to check for a blockage, the wire snapped off. However, this does not seem to prevent the float chamber filling with fuel. There is fuel being pumbed from the fuel pump...

View more questions Search