Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaureenG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 04:48 AM
    How To Obtain Bankruptcy Discharge Papers for Free
    I am applying for a position at a financial company. As part of the application, they require discharge papers for former bankruptcy. I cannot find mine as I have moved several times. Is there a way that I can obtain these for free?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Well, didn't you start bankruptcy proceedings with a lawyer ? If so, a copy would be in the possession of the lawyer. I think this would be the most likely place to start.
    ccrispo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 03:31 AM

What if you can't remember the lawyers name or his in no longer in business?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Oct 31, 2008, 08:30 AM

Hello M

The federal court that the papers were filed in should have a copy although it will proably cost you a few dollars to get a copy. You will have to show proper ID. You don't remember your attorneys name?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 31, 2008, 04:22 PM

I find it peculiar that something as important as a bankruptcy action can be forgotten so entirely. Most people keep that info handy for a few years for reference in case its needed.

I could have suggested the Federal court access too, but OP doesn't want to spend money finding HIS information.
    joedindo Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 PM

Hey, You can hire some private services provider to dig out your discharge papers. I know this post is old. But my comments are for all future visitors to this post... Joe Dindo
    ljcincy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 09:13 AM
    I have searched high and low! The attorney that did mine has left State due to economy, So I called the court.. Rude as hell to me I then called another number that they gave me. Now they have them they will be 40.05 mine was filed in 2004? Why such a high fee I had asked, she says"This is just what they charge" LOL Ok So I used a online Company I did get to speak to them and I am waiting now it should only be 10 to 15 minutes.. Hope this helps. There is no FREE place you would think there would be.. But everyone's gota get in on the fruit you no??
    cheryle 2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 06:11 AM
    It was 13 yrs ago he only kept them 3 yrs I lost my copy in a flood 2008

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discharge Bankruptcy Papers [ 9 Answers ]

How Long Does It Take After The Last Bankruptcy Payment Have Been Made? I Had 36 Months To Pay The Debt And The Last Payment Was Made On Nov 8, 2006 I Filed For Chapter 13 In July 2003

Find free public record of my bankruptcy/discharge [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find my free bankruptcy records online? Thank you for your help.

How to obtain a copy of grandfather's you.s. Naturalization papers [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to locate my father's u.s. naturalization papers in order to obtain my german citizenship. I have everything I need except the u.s. naturalization paper. The german authorities are waiting only for this to be able to grant the citizenship based on the fact that, as Jews, my family was...

Free copy of bankruptcy discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I get a free copy of my bankruptcy discharge, being that I reside in a different state?

Where can we obtain an eye examination and eye glasses free ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have not been able to afford an eye examination or eye glasses for quit some time, for my wife and myself, we are currently using reader glasses that are quit old and we can't see very well with them. I am 53 years old and reside in Oklahoma.

View more questions Search