Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2401309 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Stabbing pain in right side of back
    I have recently experienced an intermittent stabbing pain in my right back ribs does this signify anything?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Yes. It sounds like a gall bladder attack. That's how my gall bladder problems first started as stabbing pains in my right back below my ribs. Please see a doctor as right now it is not an emergency but could escalate into one if ignored.
    Sue2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2401309
    I have recently experienced an intermittent stabbing pain in my right back ribs does this signify anything?
    I had this a few years back. You may want to get it checked out by a doctor. Mine ended up being kidney infection. I waited too long to go in, therefore, they had to give me an IV, but also prescribed an antibiotic. The pain was intense. If the pain is located on your back to the sides under the ribs... could very possibly be a kidney infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in right side of back,hip [ 8 Answers ]

I have been experiencing a dull pain in my right side for the last two days, and it doesn't go away, even when I lay down... could this be a sign of appendicitis? I am getting an MRI done tomorrow for my lower and middle lumbar... will this detect that if that is what it is? Any answers?

Stabbing Right Side Back Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I have been to the ER twice last week with severe stabbing pain on my right side / back. I had an ultra sound of the kidneys / gall bladder / liver / spleen. also a CT scan of the chest & a thorasic spine X-ray. All came up negative except for the spine Xray: result was slight arthritus of the...

Why do I have lower right side back pain? [ 1 Answers ]

For a few days now, I have been experiencing lower right quadrant back pain (no pain in the front). It is a dull, nagging pain that is constant and does not decrease with medication or rest. I am currently menstruating (as I type this), have been diagnosed with IBS, have hypothyroidism. I have...

Pain in lower right side and back [ 1 Answers ]

I am 31 yrs old and I have been bleeding for 5 weeks now along with the bleeding I have a sharp pain in my lower right side that goes to my back. I have been taking otc medicine for the pain. I have also been very nauseous. I went to the obgyn dr and she put me on birth control and told me to come...

Pain in my lower right side of my back [ 4 Answers ]

Im female and I'm experiencing a pain in my lower right side of my back.and I don't think it's a kidney infection because it doesn't hurt when I go toilet.. my back hurts when I move about and it's a bruise type pain that affects me.. I haven injured my back or anything and I haven been playing...

View more questions Search