Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lavettamc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Pool wall buckling
    We just purchased and had an above ground pool installed. Within a week I noticed that one panel of the pool wall is buckling at the bottom near the bottom railing. Inside the pool at that area I can feel something that is trying to push through the liner that feels like it has teeth. I believe this to be a part of the joint. I called the company that we purchased the pool from and the people that installed the pool. The installer came out and told us that it was not a big deal that this happens frequently. He got in the pool and said that we could drain most of the water from the pool and they could try to move the thing at the bottom that has teeth on it, but they can not do anything about the buckling. They just told me to backfill around the pool to help support the sides. This does not sound right to me. Any suggestions?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 09:42 AM
    You are getting bad advice from a person who did a bad installation for you. If he is right and it happens often its because he is s totally inept installer, do you have tar and weathers close at hand. Call the owner of the company where you bought if they recommended this installer. Raise holly heck about this because your liner will fail prematurely due to the poor installation. The wall is out of the track and that will not get better with just back fill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bracing a buckling garage wall [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all... I hope someone out there can understand my situation and give me some advice. I have a very old garage with terra-cotta walls that are buckling in... possibly due to hydrostatic/soil pressure, or possible a large tree root. The garage has been standing for 60 years, and according to...

Pool wall bent in [ 1 Answers ]

I thinking of getting a used 18x4 pool that's been standing for years and the wall has fell in half way and the part that's standing the wall gone inward, anyway is the pool useable?

Caved in wall on a/g pool [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have spent the past 2 weeks putting up an above ground, 30' round, pool only to have it cave in on us in one spot 2 different times. The first time we discovered we were missing the bead retainer for our beaded liner, so we fixed it and also added sand under our pad that's under...

View more questions Search