Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keity76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 11:37 PM
    Can I get a U.S visa with pending warrant?
    I was served with a warrant for fraud which I didn't know. I got a family energency and left the country without attending to the case. The warrant has 2 felonies. I was on a visa which expired and overstaid. I don't have any criminal records or any record for that matter. I haven't been fingerprinted except th first time I got my initial visa. Can I get a visa to come and fight these charges. I haven't been convicted yet.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 10:45 AM
    If you already have multiple entry visa, you will be arrested at the airport.
    If you must get a new visa, the embassy won't issue one for you.

keity76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 01:17 AM
    I have hired a lawyer who has been able to get the warrant lifted. Now does any record show if the warrant is lifted and I am not convicted? Will they still deny me a visa when I go to apply?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

I-751 pending [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I divorced my wife before completing the two years of conditional residence. I was called for an interview where I brought all the documents to prove that my marriage was real. The interviewer was really nasty and treated me as a criminal and at the end she told me that I needed to bring more...

Pending I-751 [ 4 Answers ]

Once I-751 filed-----how long does it take to process (Texas)?

H1B Visa Pending, want to travel. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I would be glad if someone could help me out here, about travelling abroad while my application for changing from F1 to H1 status is pending. If I travel abroad right now, my I94 card number is going to change, so will that require me to REFILE the H1 application again or I would be...

View more questions Search