Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlestrange82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 12:32 PM
    My pitbull stopped eating 2 DAYS AGO, WHAT DO I DO?
    I have a 9 month old female pitbull. I just noticed that yesterday morning, when I put the dog outside on her lead, that her food, from the previous day is still there. She is drinking a lot of water. She will not even eat people food! What do I do. We are taking her to the vet, but what can I do for now? What could be wrong with her? I'm very worried. Last night her eyes were dilated and she finally ate some hotdogs I tried to feed her. Any suggestions... EMILY:confused: you can email me at [email protected]
    love and be loved Posts: 34, Reputation: -2

Apr 26, 2006, 03:14 PM
    The most that I know of is get your vets help and pray she OK good luck
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Apr 26, 2006, 06:00 PM
    It could be an array of many things. Yes, the best thing is to take her to the vet asap. Not eating could stem from lots of things. She could have gotten into something. Drinking lots of water a lot could mean lots of things I've seen it most in diabetics. I would definitely recommend that you get a blood panel done when you take her to the vet, which they will most likely advise you to do. I know one of my dogs will not eat sometimes for that day guess she just do. They will probably ask if she's had any vomitus or diarrhea which is crucial. Think about if she's been in contact with anything strange, as it could be an obstruction. Is she spayed, she may be coming into heat, who knows! The best thing you can do is get bloodwork done, especially on a 9 month old with that problem. In the mean time If you notice any vomiting or change in stool or any other strange signs, I would take her to an emergency clinic. Wish the best with her hopefully it's something easily cured.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2006, 08:59 PM
    My pit bull once ate half of a basket ball. It got stuck in his gullet and he could not eat another bite. Boy did that cost a lot to have him cut open and have it removed! Hopefully this is not the case with your dog but I would take it to the vet pronto! When a healthy pit bull won't eat there is something really wrong. Unless of course, it ate the mailman. Then don't worry, it will be hungry again in a couple of days. :p
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Hi, ml,
    Thanks for asking a question here, and Welcome to this site.
    I am so glad you are taking her to the Vet. She might just have an infection of some sort. The Vet can tell what's wrong, with analyzing a sample of her blood.
    PLEASE don't feed her table food, or human food. It doesn't have the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals dogs really need, and can do more harm than good. A good dry dog food is best. Put it down in the morning, and if not eaten in about 30 min, take it up. Put it down again in the evening.
    A Pitt Bull requires a lot of exercise, and under normal circumstances, needs a brisk walk of about 45 min. every day, to release all that energy. Then, it will be hungry; if something isn't wrong with it's body functions. The Vet will be able to tell if something is really wrong.
    Also, I know you didn't ask about training, but here is some information that you might be interested in:
    I highly recommend a video by Ceaser Millan, a Professional Dog Behaviorist. He rehabilitates dogs, and trains people.

He has his own TV program, the Dog Whisperer, on the NGEO (National Geographic) channel, on Friday nights mainly, but also comes on some other days. This video is available from:
    Cesar Millan Center
    I also ordered his new book, "Ceaser's Way", from Walmart online, around $15 US, and it's very good!

There are other good videos available on the web, but this one is really worth your attention.

I do wish you and she the best at the Vet's. Good luck.
    pipedong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 03:26 PM
    My dog has stop eating less active. She seems sad. I gave her wet food mix with hedr dry food what can be wrong with her.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 28, 2010, 03:44 PM

Hi Pipedong, this thread is from 2006. Please start a new one so you will receive more answers, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

My pitbull won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed my 9 month pitbull has been really picky to the point where he won't eat for a day or so just nibble at his food for a little bit when he used to eat close to 2 bowls a day the only thing I have noticed is that is eyelids are Pinker and has more moisturer than normal? He is still...

Dog stopped eating [ 6 Answers ]

My 12 year old dog stopped eating about 3 days ago. When I got o feed him he still gets really excited like normal but then doesn't touch his food. I feed him dry biscuits in the morning and dog roll at night and he hasn't touched anything. Otherwise he seems normal and nothing else has changed. ...

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

My 2 year old stofordshire bull terrier has stopped eating. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello my Staffordshire bull terrier has stopped eating anything. I have tried tempting him with his favorite treat (mature cheder cheese) but he won't touch it, he is quite large for his age (nearly fully grown) and is naturally active and playful all of the time even now when he hasn't been...

View more questions Search