Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Thermostat shows wrong temperature
    I recently installed a Honeywell TH5220D1003 thermostat (thanks to the help of this forum) and it is working fine except it shows the inside temperature as 2 degrees warmer than it actually is. In order to maintain 78 degrees actual temperature I have to set the thermostat for 80. I have checked the actual temperature with 3 other thermometers and they all show 78 degrees while the Th5220D1003 shows 80. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust or recalibrate the thermostat where it will reflect the actual temp instead of being 2 degrees off. Any advice?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Contact honeywell on there toll free number that came with the install instructions.

Many thermostats are not accurate for the temp reading but accurate for the control of the unit.

Just in case you lost your instructions

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1783.pdf

Also this is a 2 stage thermostat so make sure the wiring is on the first stage and not the second.
    This could cause the stat to be off 2 degrees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat will not keep temperature setting [ 2 Answers ]

The problem we have usually happens when it gets really cold, about 20 Degrees - We have a Lux electronic thermostat, and the furnace will not kick on when the temperatures goes below the setting. We have to manually do this - then the furnace runs for a little bit, enough to raise the temperature...

Honeywell thermostat shows F and/or 8 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have an Honeywell thermostat (checked and looks like T8775C Round Thermostat) that yesterday start to show F or 8, changing from F to 8 in a second and back. I reseted the heating central but after a while it goes back to 8/F. Does anyone know what should I do except calling for...

A/C thermostat temperature spread [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the recommended temp spread on a digital A/C thermostat. I believe it to be three (3) degrees. My son has one which he says is set for one (1) degree. Isn't that a too tight spread setting? I would think it would cause the A/C to operate too much of the time.

Temperature control/thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Our new home of approximately 2000 sq. ft. has two heating sources, a heat pump for the upstairs and a gas furnace for the first floor. We do not have a basement. The stairway is open to a second floor loft with two bedrooms and a bath enclosed. I have set back thermostats on both heaters. I am...

MS PowerPoint shows wrong character. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a user that in Power Point while typing the ' in her presentation shows up as asquare. This only happens for the ' all other characters show up fine in this presentation and in Word and Excel the ' works just fine but in this one Power point the ' shows up as a square. Has anyone ever heard...

View more questions Search