Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pricemh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Removing an over the stove microwave
    How do you remove an installed Sharp microwave that is over the stove. Thanks
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 8, 2008, 03:56 AM
    Hello pricemh

I like to try to help you, but I need more information on the situation. Do you perhaps have a photograph available to get an idea ?

:)
    eddiew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 09:59 AM
    I believe you have to remove the front vent grill that is probably above the door. When you do that there will be two screws (very long, but you won't be able to see the length) Loosen them and, at the same time, support the bottom of the microwave to avoid having it fall. After you loosen the screws the microwave will tilt forward and you'll have to lift it up slightly because the bottom back is sitting in a groove for support.
    Once this is done there will be a metal plate attached to the wall. If you are replacing this microwave with another, match up the new plate with the existing one. You may be able to use the same one again. I replaced my oven with a different brand and the plate that was there worked fine.
    [Make sure you unplug the old one before you start, especially if you're working by yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove and install over the stove microwave [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older 1989 model year microwave that needs to be replaced. I am unsure as to how it can be removed. Any help?

Removing a wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

Help! When we brought this townhome it came w/a wood burning stove in the fireplace. It is ugly to us and we would like to remove it. Can we just leave the "hole" and still burn wood?

Removing an overhead microwave [ 1 Answers ]

We are looking to replace our overhead microwave but can't figure out how to remove the old so we can install the new. Can anyone help?

View more questions Search