Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicki gann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Assurity bond
    How much money would it cost for a 15000 dollar cash assurity bond using a bail bondsman?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vicki gann
    how much money would it cost for a 15000 dollar cash assurity bond using a bail bondsman?

Right from the bail bondsmen's site: "Bondsmen make a living by lending people money for bail.1 Normally, defendants (or their friends or family) pay a bondsman 10% of the total bail for making this loan. This 10% is the bondsman’s fee—it’s not given back when the case is over.

For example, if your bail were $10,000, you’d pay $1,000 to the bondsman. Then the bondsman would give the court a “surety bond” for $10,000.2 As long as you made all your court appearances, the surety bond would be dissolved at the end of the case. So the bondsman’s profit would be the $1,000 you paid him at the outset. However, if you skipped town and weren’t caught, the bondsman would have to pay the court $10,000."

Federal crimes, particularly Immigration matters, are somewhat different.

(It's a surety bond, not an assurity bond)
    slickster Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 03:57 PM
    It would cost $1500 to a bail bondsman. Most courts also have a way of using real estate for collateral. This is a good idea if you think this person will show up and very bad if you don't. I was able to post bond for my brother with a statement from the auditor's office stating how much my house was worth and how much equity I had in the house. The equity had to be double what the bond was (or maybe it was triple I can't remember for sure. The good thing was I got my brother out of jail with no money down and it never cost anyone a dime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bond Value [ 4 Answers ]

1. Midland oil has $1,000 par value bonds outstanding at 8 percent interest. The bonds will mature in 25 years. Compute the current price of the bonds if the present yield to maturity is: a. 7% b. 10% c. 13%

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

Bond Value [ 1 Answers ]

Midland Oil has $1,000 par value bonds outstanding at 8 percent interest. The bonds will mature in 25 years. Compute the current price of the bonds if the present yield to maturity is: a. 7 percent. b. 10 percent. c. 13 percent. Here is what I came up with? PVa =A x PVifa = Present...

Cash Assurity Bond [ 4 Answers ]

What is a cash assurity bond in a criminal case? What does this mean?

View more questions Search