Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjasper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Water line
    My water line in my house all of a sudden started making a whistling noise it does not do it all the time I heard only the toilet and the washer doing it not the sinks:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Hi Jasper,

Before we can help we need a few more details. Does it start by itself? How often? Does flushing the toilet start it? Please explain ,in detail, what makes it start.
    "i heard only the toilet and the washer doing it not the sinks:"
    Are you saying that flushing the toilet or running the washer starts the noise or that it's louder in those areas? Do the pipes in the wall pick it up?
    Answer our questions and we'll get back ASAP. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Noise in water line [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new pressure reducer in my house. Now there is a hum or low whistle whenever I flush the toilet or draw water in the bathtub. I have two toilets and it happens with both. Prior to replacing the valve the water pressure was excessive and caused the toilets to rum constantly....

Water fill line [ 3 Answers ]

Please Help. I don't know how to adjust the level of water in the tank currently it is too high and leaks down the tube. The home improvement books and web sites I've visited tell me to one adjust a piece my toilet doesn't have.Or two to bend the arm to the floater to adjust it . This worked for...

Air in water line? [ 0 Answers ]

I am the same person with the broken toilet flanges... In the last couple of days we have noticed a problem when we turn on a faucet, or shower, the water has a burst of pressure, sounds like a rush of air mixed with the water. It last for a couple of seconds and then the water flows normally....

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search