Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:26 AM
    What my eyes have seen.
    Post local art or artist you have seen, that you would like to share with others.
    It doesn't matter if it is links or the actual image.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:31 AM
    There was a discussion on fire hydrants on another thread that made me think of this, this and the fact that I posted some of my citys art on anther thread. I went in search of painted fire hydrants that our local mall has, but instead found many communitys that paint their fire hydrants. Here is a link to some that I found.Manitoba Photos - Fire Hydrants of St. James
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:36 AM
    My daughter helped paint this
    Unfortunately the plant is covering the part where she did her self portrait.
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Here are some of the fire hydrants for people who can't use the links.

Dogs Love This Category....                        
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Nohelp... that mural is beautiful... thank you for posting the fire hydrants... I can't post the images only the links.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Goodness, the creativeness of some people just blow me out of the water. I look at a fire hydrant and I see a fire hydrant and seeing the fire hydrant, I then remember doing a cart wheel off the top of one and breaking both bones in my left arm. I just forgot to bend the elbow just a bit when I hit the ground! LOL

I love these! Thanks for posting them.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Bg, the link was great! Still just makes me wonder about all the creative people in this world of ours. Loved it!
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 02:25 AM
    my love for you is a stampede of horses.: su blackwell: beautiful paper art.

This artist sculpts from books... Her work is fantastic.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Sad to see books being cut into pieces,but love the paper art work.
    Jan introduced me to it.Thank you both!

I loved these flowers,not sure if anyone of you have seen it in real life.:)

http://www.razorapple.com/wp-content...tan-bridge.jpg

EDIT:
    My Sister's Garden photo - Lorrie Burroughs photos at pbase.com
    Flower Mural
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Inspirational Firmy! Thanks for sharing. I have painted themes on inside walls but never on an outside wall but would love to be a part of such a project to bring beauty to a place, otherwise a little dreary.

I couldn't quite get a handle on the sculpting from books. It was interesting for sure but even reading about it, I couldn't get it in my head how she accomplished these. Do you understand it Firmy or Bg??

It would not be my forte, a bit too delicate for my bold art style but I do admire it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 02:34 PM
    I think it is somewhat similar to making paper bags or boxes or houses,the difference is that part of the box or bag is attached to the book.

For example if I were to make a paper tree,I can make the tree trunk from strip of paper, roll it and then add the branches and leaves,but the paper art artists seem to keep part of the tree anchored to the paper itself.
    This commercial shows a bit of how it is done.
    Su Blackwell

And these are some more of similar art.
    Paper Art | Funny Pictures & Jokes Ranking

It is very intricate but I would love to try it.

Will let you know if I am able to create any.:)
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Jrebel... I have no clue but it looks as though she starts them from actual cuts in the book , I would like to see more detail... I showed them to my daughter... she had already seen them in school, they have a very talented art teacher that exposes them to all types of art.

Firm... I know what you mean by thowing books away. I go to a second hand shop and they will sometimes have a crate full ready to go to the dump:( If she used old ones then it would be, even better. I highly doubt she does.. my thinking is her books probably has something to do with the theme of the sculpture.

The side walk flowers were lovely... I wish my city had a few of those.
    The mural was beautiful as well, I liked the woman standing with her child on her hip. I have a print where a little boy has jumped up in his mothers arms and has his legs straddled around her waist. She has her head nuzzled tenderly up to him. It is so sweet... I did research on the piece and the woman is a famous artist and that is self portrait... the child was killed in the war when he was 19, much to her dismay, because she was against war and the mal treatment of women and spoke out against it in her drawings.Google Image Result for http://www.prints.co.nz/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/188DR_Child_in_Arms_Kollwitz_Kathe.jpg

I have it old in an old weathered frame... reminds me of how my babies used to jump in my arms when they were small.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Firm the site you posted has too many neat artsy things... The artistic flower urinal... doesn't sound like much but they were very pretty, the sugar cube art too cuter and the pencil art... barely even looks like penciles.. who would have thunk...
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I found a very interesting site on wild flowers... I was surprised to learn that some are prohibited from being sold or grown in certain states. Wildflower pictures, wildflower gardening tips and flower folklore
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
    G,
    I loved that wildflower site specially cause some are catagorised by color:).

I found this while googling..
    http://www.huntinglodge.no/blog/wp-c...underfeet1.jpg

And this too..
    Take Stock of This » Blog Archive » Awesome 3D Street Art Illusions
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 04:12 AM
    I would love to have that site in book form. I sit on my porch and look at those books overe and over... each time I see something new. I just bought a new gardening book, It's called 52 Weekened Garden projects. It gives the type of flowers to attract butterlfies. Next year I will have a butterfly garden... I have a few plants now that attract them... I hope I don't go over board and it looks like this Flickr: destin3g99's stuff tagged with krohnconservatory They have this show each year.

The sidewalk art of the smoking character, I hope it was a part of a no smoking campaign.

The art of illusion, I especially loved the one of the church... my kids do this in a photography class that they took... I have a really nice picture of my son driving a speed boat:eek:
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Lovely old window on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What a beautiful picture this is...
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 01:07 PM
    G,
    Beautiful links.

I thought this one was something I would love to make with my family and have our own window painted art.
    http://www.uwrf.edu/library/newslett...t%20slices.gif

This one is pretty.
    http://www.oldwindowart.com/images/photos/big/016.jpg
    WOW!
    http://humanflowerproject.com/images...lubnas-pot.jpg

We could always have a seat here... isnt this setting just beautiful!
    http://www.kemblemill.com/imageLibrary/DSCN0022.JPG
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 01:27 PM
    1st one would be a great project for a child's rooom... my daughter is so artsy she would love it her window. SHe painted her room yellow and took chalk and drew pictures over some of the wall, and for a border at the ceiling she wrote over and over 'If you can imagine it you can achieve it. If you can dream it you can become it." Dad was shocked... lol he couldn't understand why she would paint and then cover most of it up. Dad isn't into art.

The 2nd one made me gasp.. it is stunning... we are getting new windows in our house and I am going to save some of them... at least the ones with the old glass that hasn't been replaced over the years. I am going to find something to do with them.

Jrebel and start gave me some ideas... this one that you just showed me... my husband is building us a deck in the very back of our yard that is going to be enclosed in the back and on on side for privacy , one side is going to be exposed to our garage... which has a door much like the wood work on that window frame... he also built me a heart window box that is attached to a window on that side of the garage... I will find a way to paint some flowers on it or I will have a local art student paint if I can't paint something acceptable... Thank you so much I am so glad you posted that picture. Were there anymore on the site where you found that one?

The 3rd link said I was forbidden to look at it... lol don't know why though.

The last picture was very nice... I could see myself sitting there, of course I would want to wander out in those woods and see what was there... I bet there are tons of birds there.

Thank you Firmy for posting that lovely window.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Wonderful G!Would love to see your family art work if possible.:)

My second link was actually a huge pot covered in real flowers,a beautiful work of art.

Some more ideas for you to work on.
    http://www.prairieblossoms.com/images/antiquewindow.JPG
    Miy Eco-Memo Board Decor on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Portfolio of Old Window Art

This maybe the best link yet for window art though:)
    DIY Craft Projects using Old Vintage Windows Doors - Trash to Treasure - Architectural Salvage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1.25 In Both Eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I Am -1.25 In Both Eyes. Any Idea On How To Reduce The No. Or Be 0.00 ?

Red eyes [ 1 Answers ]

In your opinion, what is the best way to protect your eyes from the bad effects of looking at a PC screen from short to long periods? Thanks in advance.

My eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had these but now I'm slightly worried. On my left eye ( on the left side ) and on my right eye ( on the right side ) I have a sort of yellow spot on either eye. Its not very noticeable until you look closely in the mirror. If I'm not mistaken my dad had them too. Im a smoker...

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

View more questions Search