Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Laptop key won't work
    I'm sure this has been answered at one time or another but I gave up looking at page 25 (the answer is probably on page 26!).
    Anyway... the apostrophe key is not working and I am wondering if there is an easy way to fix it.
    I'll be lost without it!:o
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
    I would try Vacuuming and or shaking keyboard with keys facing level with you. Possibly a piece of debris. Good Luck.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Is it broken as in the key came off, or is the key completely normal and simply does nothing when you press it?

Sometimes laptop keyboards can be replaced rather easily and not nearly as inexpensively as you'd imagine. Sometimes.

Alternately, you can use your word processing program and teach it to replace all instances of some weird key combo with an apostrophe. For instance, when you type ]] it replaces it automatically with '
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Good Deal, I like to try the cheapest, fastest, easiest test first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ad hoc file share on a work issued laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I want to share files between two laptops running xp pro sp2. I have set up an ad hoc wireless network which is now allowing me to share an internet connection. My laptop can be part of a workgroup (it stays at home I am the admin) but my wife's laptop is part of a domain at her work ....

Plasma won't work as a display for my laptop . [ 1 Answers ]

In the past I have been able to use my plasma TV as a display for my laptop with relative ease. Basically I just connect it up via a vga cord and hit Fn/F4 which shoots the image up to the plasma. Each time you hit Fn/F4 it kind of scrolls through having the picture on both the laptop and...

Laptop Screen won't work [ 1 Answers ]

So I took apart my Toshiba Satellite A70 including the screen. When I put it back together now the backlight will come on but no image will display. If I connect it to an external monitor that works. There in only 1 harness to connect the lcd to the mainboard. This should be simple. All I did was...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

How do I get the ineternet to work on my laptop? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought I laptop and I installed everything on it but I can't get the internet to work. I bought a wireless router and the wireless card.I can't seem to get the router hooked up to my desk top computer.My laptop is windows xp and my desk top is windows me.If someone could please help me on...

View more questions Search