Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Plumleaf1317 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2008, 02:05 PM
    What is the meaning of "Follow your heart"?
    Follow your heart.. . I did follow my heart last month and it brought me back to my home town which is 6 hours away from the man I was living with. Today, my heart is wanting to go back. I left him because he told me to pack my stuff and leave. Do men say what they really mean? I'm hoping he really did not want me to leave.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 02:12 PM
    While I can't speak for your man, if I told my wife to pack her stuff and leave, I would mean it.

I can never imagine myself saying such a thing.

Following your heart, and ignoring your mind, can get you into trouble.

I believe in following your heart, while being guided by your mind, because I think the two working together, give you the best possible decision making influence.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Your heart is the way your soul speaks to you. The soul sees the whole picture, although you can not. The man said to you, "pack your stuff and leave." You left. Now you are in pain, a lesson your soul knew that you needed to go through.

Follow your heart is good advise. But since we can not see the whole picture we sometimes childishly crave only what seems best at the moment. You are stuck living this life, live it, pain and all. Accept that you are on the right path, you are. Respect his desires. Learn about yourself through the pain.
    Morteza Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Follow your heart! Is not totally true, but sometimes it works but notice that not always!
    Our heart means our emotions! Sometimes emotions are completely wrong! Our emotions are in accordance with our knowledge, understanding, sense, If they are low, you will make much more mistakes if you follow your heart! So if you feel you are not at a proper level of understanding try not to follow your heart! Because everything that comes out of your heart is not logical and can be wrong if you do that! So we should do everything just by our wisdom!
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 18, 2008, 04:51 PM
    K, I'm not going against what you say, because I do agree with all of you and follow your heart. But I will mention that just because your heart wants something doesn't make it right, even if it feels right, it may not be, we never truly know. LIfe is open, and balanced, so any thing can happen, with in the realm of plausibility. Thus, we may feel that the heart wants something, and it may be good, but that don't make it right. Like wise for we may follow our heart and find that it's bad, that don't make it bad. Why is that?? Because things happen in the moment, and as that moment passes so does the good and bad, then in the next moment things could be the opposite, but that don't say it won't go right back to before.

So why not, follow your heart, be mindful, and be aware. Let the heart desire, but also be aware of the other possibilities, and mind your situations and their variables.

One good way to determine a difficult choice in life, is to:

Write the Pros and cons of the situation, then your goals, then your values, and there is something else, I can't recall what I figured it to be, but this is a fairly good way to measure your situation. This you can see where you are, and decide from there.

Good luck, and may Love and kindness be with you.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 05:29 PM
    I don't believe moving home after your fight with your b/f was "following your heart"... that was "following instructions".

The wanting to go back regardless if anything changed or not so you can be subjected to more of the horrible situation(s) that sent you packing... THAT'S following your heart. (bang head on wall here)

The heart is a cruel taskmaster. It couldn't care one iota about your happiness. It craves things at an instinctive level and is frequently a real villain about it. Your heart inspires you to heights, I agree, but as often as not the inspiration is mindless and not in your own best interests.

So, you can allow your heart to guide you around mindlessly, but I don't counsel it. Something BAD happened between you and your man. Something that shouldn't be ignored. Don't ignore it. Your mind and your spirit will guide you when your heart seeks to betray you. Make sure all are being heeded.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Okay, I'll bite. Why did you get kicked out, in the first place and what makes you think he will take you back?
    Lizzie7777 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2008, 04:56 PM
    You know, sometimes a man only says that because he is forced to say it. Or it's just what he wanted at that moment. As they say trust what a man does and not what he says. If you really feel like you want to go back, then you should. Your gut feeling will most likely not do you wrong. Who knows! Maybe he wants you to come back. Maybe not. Some guys are afraid to make the first move. Just keep thinking. Relax a bit. Indulge in friends for the time being. Then when you graze upon this subject, re-think wanting to go back. I hope I helped...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of "MXVII" in Cube 2 Hypercube [ 4 Answers ]

So I know that in Roman Numerals it stands for 1017. The numeral appears multiple times throughout the movie but there is never any clear indication of it's significance. I am not sure but it might have something to do with 60659 wich was another number central to the plot. Any thoughts?

Follow-up to "Religion must be destroyed" [ 51 Answers ]

Found this interesting blog today. It addresses the same subject we discussed earlier. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ David Burchett Author and Speaker Is "Christian Intellect" an Oxymoron? Warning: The following post may (or, sadly, may not) contain humor. This blog was produced in...

In "The Syringa Tree" : meaning of white spots on fingers [ 1 Answers ]

What is folkyore meaning of the cresents or white spots on fingers

Follow Up to " I need Help. I am simply lost and hurt again" 9/5 post [ 13 Answers ]

First off, I want to thank Val, Philly, and others who posted and gave their honest opinions on this topic. I was recently in a very bad auto accident and spent nearly a week in the hospital and half of the time in a coma. My sister took my phone and tm'd everybody on my list about my condition...

Meaning of phrase "in-house vendor" ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I noticed the following phrase on some newspaper: "in-house vendor". I'm not an English, and I have look for these words in the dictionary. The dictionaries tell me that "in-house" means make by ourselves Vendor means someone who selling something But, what is the whole phrase...

View more questions Search