Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danielle1216 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 01:31 PM
    I need to get rid of an order of protection. Asap!
    Me and my fiance recently got into a fight, and things got out of hand and I lost my cool and stabbed him in his right forearm. He was barely injured at all, but long story short a neighbor called the police and I am getting charged with assault in the 2nd degree (which is a class d felony). I was arrested and I was put before a judge, and I was released on ROR, but they put a mandatory order of protection against me saying I can have no contact with my future husband. My lawyer told me that all he had to do was contact the District Attorney, which he did, but the DA won't drop it. We are supposed to be getting married on July 25th, but with this order of protection clearly that will be an issue. If anyone out there has any clue how to get rid nfo these things, PLEASE help us!!! :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 01:38 PM
    I am sorry if you got into a fight, to a level that a knife was invovled, you do not need to get married, and you need to be apart for a while, and then get counseling before you ever think about getting back together.

But you will have to file a motion in court, ( lawyer will have to) to have it droped. But if the DA does not want to, only the judge can do it
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Please young lady, you stabbed him?

Does that not cause VERY LOUD BELLS AND WHISTLES to go off in your head?

Since we don't hear his side of this story, I'm not going to rail on him, but YOU, are another story.

Wedding? You've got to be kidding me?

If the engagement resulted in a stabbing, what can we expect at the Honeymoon?

You two NEED to be kept away from each other, obviously, the DA thinks so too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Order Of Protection [ 10 Answers ]

How can I change or get rid of an Order Of Protection??

Order of protection against me, no contact with kids [ 10 Answers ]

My wife has served me an order of protection. It says no contact with children. The order runs from 5/19/08 to 10/2/08, that's 6 months. It runs pass my little girls graduation and her first day of middle school. How can I get the judge to one let me attain both events. Or go to court before...

Order of protection in place but still in contact [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I had to get and order of protection against my soon to be Ex husband, (long story short he pulled a knife on me in front of family and our kids, threatening to gut me like a fish) Well we went to court it was granted and th judge gave me full Custody of our two kids, which meant no...

Order of protection [ 4 Answers ]

I have been served an order of protection in Illinois, I will appear in court for this, but what can happen to me.This was an affair, me being the single one, I believe this is her attempt to hide much of our relationship from her spouse and lie about true things that happened between us. Their was...

What can happen in this order of Protection case? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Have a quick question. A good male friend of mine is being accused of breaking out windows on someone's property. He was not arrested, there is no proof, but-an order of protection has been filed against him. It was served to his parents' house, who live in Illinois (we are in MO). So my...

View more questions Search