Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merkie53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Carrier Home A/C has busted fan motor
    Can anyone tell me what a fair price estimate would be to repair this problem. Its an older unit and I just don't have the money for a replacement unit just yet. Thanks in advance.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Which fan? Inside or outside?
    merkie53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Outside
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 15, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Here is a site that sells these items to homeowners. They are higher than a supply store, if you can find one. They are very simple to remove and install yourself. Free Heating and Cooling Price Quotes From Local HVAC ContractorsI also have wiring diagrams for most Carries models if you need them.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 10:52 PM
    If it is a 825 RPM motor it will cost more. You can opt for the sleeve style bearings instead of the ball bearing model that came originally with your unit. Since it is older it will not make a difference since the sleeve motor will outlast the unit and you will save $$$.

If you have some tools you can fix it yourself.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 16, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Sorry but the link didn't come up correctly. The site for parts is: "www.myhvacparts.com" When I copied it, I see that it pasted as an advertisement for contractors. Maybe that was planned ? Anyway, the site has a very large selection of parts. I think the prices are high, but sometimes it's difficult for a homeowner to obtain the parts. Johnston supply refuses to sell to us and Grainger seems reluctant to find what you need. Again good luck.

You might be able to get the motor re-wound, but again these shops adjust their prices upward for homeowners. Have you taken the motor apart and looked inside yet? There may be brushes that you can replace yourself. If there are, you can always get a larger one and grind it down to fit if the right size isn't available.
    Alfred Ament Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Have a heating repair friend contact one of the supply stores after you give them your motor number!

Today's time those parts houses are hungry for business,

I did it !
    Alfred Ament Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Forgot to say :SEARS carries Carrier parts !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace blower motor won't turn off [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central air and furnace(furnace model 58GS050-3), it was built around November, 1985. It has carrier air conditioner indoor cooling coils box model 28AC030-911 laid on top of the furnace. Everything was working until one week ago. Now with the thermostat off and the fan set to...

Carrier Furnace Motor Replacement? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas furnace model 58pav090. Recently the motor seized (shaft bearings were in poor shape/scored). The original motor has 5 leads (wires). Y,R,Black, Blue, and White. The AO furnace motor I ordered as a replacement only has 4 leads (Black, Red, Yellow, and Blue). I...

Need blower motor for carrier furnace 58zav [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the blower motor for a carrier furnace 58zav

Busted toilet drain pipe on a slab 1973 home [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all and Happy Holidays. I have a bit of a dilema with a bathroom Im redmodeling. I hope soemone can provide me with some plumbing education, since Im lost. It all started with me deciding to remove the old toilet. Keep in mind, Im in an L shaped ranch, bathrooms are back to back,...

View more questions Search