Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddy7127 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Replace a Hot/Cold Water Stem
    I just purchased a Hot/Cold Stem 3h-8h/c For Price Pfister and I can't figure out how to get the cold water to on and off the way it did before. When I installed the stem it shuts on and off the opposite way. I'm looking to use these hold/cold stem replacements for both the hot and cold controls. How do you get the cold water stem to turn on from the off position (3 o'clock) to full blast 9 O'clock position.

>Moved from Forum Help<
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Hey Maddy:

You got a universal hot/cold stem there so one of the two handles will not turn correctly.

The only way you will be able to fix this the way you want is to replace the hot side stem with a hot side stem and replace the cold stem with a cold stem only!

Universal fits both hot and cold, but will turn in only one direction (hot direction).

Let me know what you think... MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I install a hot and cold valve stem for a bathtub? [ 8 Answers ]

I need to know if anyone can send me the steps for installing hot and cold valve stems for a bathtub and if you can send a diagram of a normal bathtub bathtub and what each part is so I can help my brother-in-law and sister get their bathtub fixed. Please respond as soon as you can. Thanks.

Replaced hot water stem in shower and now no water. [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the hot water stem in my bathtub and I got it changed out and when I turned the water on nothing. Took it off and turned the water on and water sprayed out and again I put it on and nothing. I am a complete novice with this, there is another piece that came with the stem...

Stem for hot water [ 1 Answers ]

When you replace the stem for the hot water, do you have to use a sealer or what? Thanks

Diverter stem replace [ 1 Answers ]

I Already Change The Diverter Stem On My Bathroom Shower. I Installed A New One (sayco). It Works Ok, Except When I Rotote It To Change And Send Water Only On Top Shower, Because It Send Also Water To The Bottom Shower (both ways). Do It Have Any Particular Way To Install It? Do I need to...

Need to replace shower hot and cold knobs [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a little over 50 years old. The shower leaks water from the tub faucet when it is set to come from the shower head. Also the water never fully stops leaking even when the knobs are set to off. I think the wahers are old and have read about replacing "seats" online but can't figure it...

View more questions Search