Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1dtent Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Weedeater featherlit+ w/ loose shaft
    I recently replaced the cable between the trigger and the carb. On this 17" trimmer. Unit reassembled OK, engine runs great. Problem is now at the other end. The drive cable shaft housing between the trigger and the line head now swivels independently of the trigger/engine assembly. I've tightened the trigger/handle assembly and could not see any key-way or bushing. Did I loose something?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Was there not a screw originally in the shaft?

Jun 1, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dtent
    I recently replaced the cable between the trigger and the carb. on this 17" trimmer. Unit reassembled ok, engine runs great. Problem is now at the other end. The drive cable shaft housing between the trigger and the line head now swivels independently of the trigger/engine assembly. I've tightened the trigger/handle assembly and could not see any key-way or bushing. Did I loose something?
    I found no evidence of any screws or holes in the shaft. The shaft does pass through the trigger/handle assembly into "transmission" or output shaft of the engine. There are 4 screws which close the trigger assembly around the shaft. I did notice a sizable gap (3/16 in) between the rear of the black trigger housing and green engine housing. On my other weedeater unit, the fit between these two pieces is tight, with no descerable space.

Jun 11, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Problem solved! I removed the 4 screws of the trigger assembly and discovered that the strap clamp with notched keyway (which tightens the shaft assembly to the engine housing) was loose. I aligned the entire assembly, repositioned and tightened the clamp, and reassembled the trigger assembly. Unit works great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

How to change a CV Half Shaft [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with a snapped CV Half Shaft on passenger side. My neighbor is a mechanic and said it would be easy but I have to have a good set of tools. My only thing is I only have the basic tools. I need to get a torque wrench and an axle socket. The only thing is I don't...

Lump on the shaft of my penis [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 47 yrs old male.Two weeks ago I founda small lump on my penis on the left side.It is about the size of an eraser on a pencil,It is movable and solid a little hard .By touch it hurts a little.A few months ago I had one in my sac and it went away after a short while.If possible please can...

Penis red on shaft under skin [ 1 Answers ]

I only ralized that the skin was soppsoe to slide over the head of your penis last year and I am now 18. My forskin is very tight and hurts a little when hauling it over. When it gets over my head and down a little it is very red and has a even darker red at the bottom or the head, almost purple,...

View more questions Search